About the Journal
PHOTOFISSION CROSS-SECTION OF URANIUM-234 IN THE ENERGY REGION FROM 5 TO 9 MeV AND ITS COMPARISON WITH THE DATA FOR THORIUM-232 AND NEPTUNIUM-237 IN SUBBARRIER REGION
Authors & Affiliations
Institute of Physics and Power Engineering, Obninsk, Russia
The measurements were performed by relative method in a bremsstrahlung beam from microtron with an energy step of 25 keV in subbarier section (below 6 MeV) in the frame of one experiment with nuclei 232Th and 237Np. The table-data for the ratio of yields of (γ,f)-reaction for nuclei 234U, 232Th and 237Np to yield for 238U (standard) are presented. The photofission cross sections are reconstructed from these data and are presented in the tables. The resonance structures of photofission cross sections of three nuclei are compared with each other. The resonance structure with an average spacing of about 0.1 MeV is confirmed. The angular components of the photofission cross section for 234U were calculated. The energy dependence of the quadrupole component shows on the manifesting of fission channel with quantum characteristics Jp=2+, K=1.
photofission 234U, brake range , microtron resonance structure section 232Th, sub-barrier energy region , the quadrupole component section
1. Lindgren L.J., et al. Nucl. Phys., 1978, v. A298, p. 43.
2. Lindgren L.J. i dr. JaF, 1980, v. 32, p. 335.
3. Just M. et al. Pros. of Int.Symp. on Phys. and Chem. Fission. Julich, 1979, v.1, Vienna. IAEA. 1980, v. 1, p. 71.
4. Smirenkin G.N., Soldatov A.S. JaF, 1996, v. 59, p. 203.
5. Soldatov A.S. i dr. JaF, 1993, v. 56, p. 16.
6. Rudnikov V.E. i dr. JaF, 1988, v. 48, p. 646.
7. Ganich P.P. i dr. JaF, 1990, v.52, p. 36.
8. Soldatov A.S., Smirenkin G.N. JaF, 1992, v. 55, p. 3153.
9. Tarasko M.Z. Preprint FJeI-1446. Obninsk. 1983.
10. Tarasko M.Z. i dr.//AJe, 1988, v. 65, p. 290.
11. Berman B.L. et al.//Phys. Rev, 1986, v. C34, p.2201.
12. Ostapenko Ju. B. i dr.//JeChAJa, 1981, v. 12, p.1364.
13. Knowles J.W. et al.//Phys. Lett, 1982, v. B116, p.315.
14. Rabotnov N.S. i dr.//JaF, 1970, v. 11. p. 508.