Authors & Affiliations
Devkin B.V.1, Kobozev M.G.1, Simakov S.P.1, Fischer U.2, Kappler F.2, Mollendorff U. von2
1Institute of Physics and Power Engineering, Obninsk, Russia
2Forschungszentrum Karlsruhe GmbH, Institut fur Neutronenphysik und Reaktortechnik,Karlsruhe, Germany
The influence of some experimental factors on the measured quantities in neutron spherical-shell transmission benchmark experiments was estimated by simulating the corresponding components of the set-up (materials near the neutron source, collimator and shield of the detector etc.) as well as the specific measuring technique (time-of-flight spectrometry) in Monte-Carlo calculations. The calculations were performed by the MCNP code with nuclear data from the EFF-1 and FENDL-1 libraries. The corrections describing the effects of several distinct experimental details were evaluated.
Monte Carlo method, leakage neutron spectrum, the program MCNP-4a, the time of flight method, libraries EFF-1 and FENDL-1
1. Simakov S.P., Devkin B.V. et al., in: Fusion Technology 1992, ed. by C. Ferro et al., v. 2, p. 1489, Elsevier Science, Amsterdam, 1993.
2. Devkin B.V., Kobozev M.G. et al., in: Fusion Technology 1994, ed. by K. Herschbach et al., v. 2, p. 1357, Elsevier Science, Amsterdam, 1995.
3. Trykov L.A., Kolevatov Yu.I. et al., Report FEI-1730, Obninsk, 1985.
4. Mannhart W., in: Report IAEA-TECDOC-410, Vienna, 1987, p.158.
5. Briesmeister J.F.(ed.), Report LA-12625-M.
6. Vontobel P., PSI Report 107 (1991.)
7. Ganesan S., McLaughlin P.K., Report IAEA-NDS-128, Vienna, 1994.
8. Liskien H. and Paulsen A., Nucl. Data Tables 11 (1973) 569.
9. Chikai J. et al., in: Report IAEA-TECDOC-410, Vienna 1987, p. 296.