Authors & Affiliations
Pronyaev V.G., Lunev V.P., Simakov S.P.
Institute of Physics and Power Engineering, Obninsk, Russia
Absolute level density for 52Cr and 56Fe nuclei in excitation energy range between 5 and 20 MeV was determined from description of the partial cross sections of neutron induced reactions, evaluated on the base of all available experimental data. The numerical value of the level density for a last bin on excitation energy accessible in inelastic scattering channel has been varied for each incident neutron energy starting from threshold of continuum of the levels to obtain the best description of the evaluated partial reaction cross sections with predominant contribution of discrete channels. The comparison of the obtained absolute level densities with different model predictions was done.
absolute density of nuclear levels, excitation energy, partial cross sections of neutron reactions, excitation threshold, residual nucleus
1. Report by the Working Party on International Evaluation Co-operation of the NEA Nuclear Science Committee, NEA/WPEC-1, "Comparison of Evaluated Data for Cromium-52, Iron-56 and Ni-58", co-ordinator C. Y. Fu, monitor D. C. Larson, (1996).
2. V. Pronyaev, S.Tagesen, H. Vonach, and S. Badikov. Physik Daten, 1995, no. 13-8.
3. C. Y. Fu. Nucl. Sci. and Eng., 1988. V.100. P.61.
4. Fachini U. and E. Saetta-Menichella. Energy Nucl., 1968, v.15, p.54.
5. W. Dilg, W. Schantl et al. Nucl. Phys., 1973, A217, p. 269.
6. A. V. Ignatyuk. Yadernaya Fizika, 1975, v. 21, p 20.
7. Yu. N. Shubin, V. P. Lunev et al. Report INDC(CCP)-385, IAEA, 1995.
8. J. K. Huizenga, H. Vonach et al. Phys. Rev., 1969, v.182, p.1149.
9. S. M. Grimes, R. C. Haight et al. Phys. Rev., 1987, v.3, p.231.
10. L. Colli and I. Iori. Nouvo Cimento, 1962, v.21, p.966.
11. B. Ye, Y. Fan et. al. Nucl. Sci. and Eng., 1996, v.122, p.136.
12. W. Fischer. Phys. Rev., 1984, v.C30, p.72.
13. A. Takahashi, M. Gotoh et al. OKTAVIAN Report A 92-01, Osaka, 1992.
14. A. A. Lychagin, V. P. Lunev et. al. In "Neutron Physics", Moscow, 1987, v.3, p.231.
15. A. A. Lychagin, S.P. Simakov et. al. Sov. Jour. of Nucl. Phys., 1987, v.45, p.1226.
16. H. Vonach, A. Chalupka et. al. Report ZFK-382, 1979, p.159.
17. D. Hermsdorf, A. Meister et. al. Report ZFK-277, 1975.
18. A. A. Lychagin, S. P. Simakov et. al. In "Physics and Application", Bratislava, 1988. v.15, p. 272.