Authors & Affiliations
Institute of Physics and Power Engineering, Obninsk, Russia
The photofission cross-sections for 238Pu, 240Pu and 242Pu in energy region of 5-10 MeV are measured at the bremsstrahlung beams of the SSC RF IPPE microtron with energy step of 50 keV in a subbarrier range and with step of 100 keV in upper energy region. The measurements were performed by relative method with using the photofission cross-section of 238U in case of 238Pu and photofission cross-section of 237Np in case of 240Pu and 242Pu as a cross-section-standard. The photofission cross-section of 237Np as a standard is used firstly. The comparison of the cross-section of 240Pu when it is measured with 238U-standard and with 237Np-standard is realised. The table-data for the ratio of yields of photofission reaction for nuclei 238Pu, 240Pu and 242Pu to yield for nuclei-standards and for the photofission cross-sections are presented. The results of the present research are compared with data obtained in other measurements.
photofission cross section, reaction yield photofission, nucleus-standard, 238Pu, 240Pu 242Pu, 238U
Article Text (PDF, in Russian)
1. Rabotnov N.S. i dr.//Jadernaja fizika. 1970, v. 11, p.508.
2. Shapiro A., Stubbins W. F.//Nucl. Sci. Eng. 1971, v. 45, p. 47.
3. Thierens H. et al.//Phys. Rev. 1981, v. C23, p. 2104.
4. Thierens H. et al.//Phys. Rev. 1984, v. C29. p. 498.
5. Soldatov A.S., Smirenkin G.N.//Jadernaja fizika. 1992, v. 55, p. 3153.[in Russian]
6. Soldatov A.S. i dr.//Jadernaja fizika. 1993, v. 56, p. 16.[in Russian]
7. Smirenkin G.N., Soldatov A.S.//Jadernaja fizika. 1996, V. 59. P. 203.[in Russian]
8. Soldatov A.S.//PAST, Series: Nuclear Constants. 1997, no. 1, p. 8.[in Russian]
9. Tarasko M.Z. i dr.//Atomnaja jenergija. 1988, v. 65, p. 290.[in Russian]
10. Berman B.L. et al.//Phys. Rev. 1986, v. C34, p. 2201.
11. Tarasko M.Z. Preprint IPPE-1446. Obninsk. 1983.[in Russian]
12. Soldatov A.S. i dr.//Atomnaja jenergija. 1995, v. 78, p. 400.[in Russian]
Problems of Atomic Science and Technology. Series: Nuclear Constants", issue 2, 1997