Authors & Affiliations
Devkin B.V., Kobozev M.G., Lychagin A.A., Simakov S.P., Talalaev V.A.
Institute of Physics and Power Engineering, Obninsk, Russia
The results of measurements of double-differential neutron emission cross-sections for the U(n,xn) reaction at 14.3 ± 0.1 MeV incident neutron energy are given. The measurements were made using the time-of-flight technique with the IPPE’s KG-0.3 pulsed neutron generator. The paper describes the experimental set-up and the results of the measurements and contains comparisons with data from other experiments and the ENDF-B6 and ENDL-85 evaluated data libraries.
energy and angular distributions of neutrons, induced fission process, Evaluated Nuclear Data Library, differential cross section for neutron emission, pulsed neutron generator KG-0.3
1. World Request List for Nuclear Data. Report INDC(SEC)-104, Vienna, 1993.
2. G.N. Smirenkin, G.N. Lovchikova, et al. Measurement of energy spectra of neutrons from emission fission of 238U nuclei,Yadernaya Fizika, 1996, vol. 59, no. 11, p. 1934 (in Russian).
3. A.B. Anufrienko, B.V. Devkin, et al. Multi-purpose fast-neutron time-of-flight spectrometer,Voprosy atomnoj nauki i tekhniki. Seriya Reaktorostroenie, 1997, issue 5, p. 34 (in Russian).
4. W. Manhart. Evaluation of the Cf-252 fission neutron spectrum between 0 and 20 MeV. Report IAEA-TECDOC-410, IAEA, Vienna, 1987, p. 158.
5. G.M. Hale and P.G. Young. The H(n,n)H Cross Section below 20 MeV. Report NEANDC-311 “U”, Paris, 1992, p. 10.
6. N.V. Kornilov, V.I. Plyaskin. Preprint FEhI-496, Obninsk, 1974 (in Russian).
7. J.F. Briesmeister (ed.). MCNP- A General Monte Carlo N-Particle Transport Code. Version 4B, Los Alamos, 1997.
8. S.P. Simakov, B.V. Devkin, et al. 14 MeV facilities and research in IPPE. Report INDC(CCP)-351, IAEA, Vienna, 1993,Voprosy atomnoj nauki i tekhniki. Seria Yadernye Konstanty, 1993, issue 3-4, p. 93.
9. O.A. Sal’nikov, N.I. Fetisov, et al. Neutron inelastic scattering spectrum for 232Th, 238U and 235U nuclei, Izvestiya AN SSSR, Ser. fizich., 1968, vol. 32, no. 4, p. 653 (in Russian).
10. J. Voignier, G. Clayeux, F. Bertrand. Inelastic neutron scattering in several elements with 14.1 MeV neutrons. Proc. Int. Conf. Knoxvill, 1971, p. 196.
11. J.L. Kammerdiener. Neutron spectra emitted by 239Pu, 238U, 235U, Pb, Nb, Al, and C irradiated by 14 MeV neutrons. Report UCRL-51232, Lawrence Livermore Laboratory, 1972.
12. O.A. Sal’nikov, G.N. Lovchikova, et al. Interaction of 14.36 MeV neutrons with 232Th and 238U nuclei. Preprint FEhI-441, Obninsk, 1973 (in Russian).
13. V.Ya. Baryba, B.V. Zhuravlev, N.V. Kornilov, O.A. Sal’nikov. Secondary neutron spectrum from bombardment of U-238 nuclei with 14.3 MeV neutrons: Preprint FEhI-671, Obninsk, 1976 (in Russian).
14. A.P. Degtyarev, B.E. Leshchenko, et al. Angular distributions of neutrons from the (n,xn) reaction for 56Fe, 59Co, 56Fe, 93Nb, 115In, 56Fe, 209Bi, 238U nuclei and 14.6 MeV initial energy,Yadernaya Fizika, 1981, v. 34, no. 2, p. 299 (in Russian).
15. M. Baba. Wakabayshi et al. Measurements of prompt fission neutron spectra and double-differential neutron inelastic scattering cross sections for 238-U and 232-Th. Report INDC(JPN)-129, IAEA, Vienna, 1989.
16. T. Elfruth, K. Seidel, S. Unholzer. Measurement, Evaluation and Analysis of 14.1 MeV Neutron Induced Cross Sections of 238U. Report INDC(NDS)-272, IAEA, Vienna, 1993, p. 59.