Authors & Affiliations
Degtyarev I.I.1, Liashenko O.A.1, Lokhovitskii A.E.1, Yazynin I.A.1, Belyakov-Bodin V.I.2, Blokhin A.I.3
1SRC Institute for High Energy Physics, Protvino, Russia
2SRC Institute of Theoretical and Experimental Physics, Moscow, Russia
3State Scientific Centre of the Russian Federation A.I. Leipunsky Institute for Physics and Power Engineering, Obninsk
The main changes compared to the previous RTS&T code version, concern the hadron- and photo-production model in intermediate and low energy regions, hadron- and photon-nucleus cross sections compilations, improved data for charged particle energy losses in composite materials, low energy neutron transport is described. The analysis of the neutron and gamma-ray transmission benchmarks problem in the low- and energy deposition in the intermediate energy region were done for the verification of the new code version and the nuclear data used in the code. The comparison between calculation and measurement data is presented.
RTS&T code, hadron- and photo-production model in intermediate and low energy regions, hadron- and photon-nucleus cross sections compilations, improved data for charged particle energy losses in composite materials, low energy neutron transport
Article Text (PDF, in English, Translated by IAEA)
1. A.I. Blokhin, I.I. Degtyarev, A.E. Lokhovitskii, M.A. Maslov and I.A. Yazynin: “RTS&T Monte Carlo Code (Facilities and Computation methods)”, in Proceedings of the SARE-3 Workshop, KEK, Tsukuba, Japan (1997).
2. R.E. Prael and H. Lichtenstein, User Guide to LCS: “The LAHET Code System”, LANL Report LA-UR-89-3014, Los Alamos National Laboratory (1989).
3. C. Beard and V.I. Belyakov-Bodin: “Comparison of Energy Deposition Calculation by the LAHET™ Code System with Experimental Results”, Nuclear Science and Engineering, 119, (1995) 87.
4. V.I. Belyakov-Bodin et al., “Calorimetric Measurements and Monte Carlo Analysis of Medium-Energy Protons Bombarding Lead and Bismuth Targets”, Nucl. Instr. Meth., A295, (1990) 140.
5. V.I. Belyakov-Bodin et al.: “Calorimetric Measurements and Monte Carlo Analysis of Medium-Energy Protons Bombarding Uranium Target, Atomic. Energy”, 70, (1991) 339.
6. V.I. Belyakov-Bodin et al.: “Heat Deposition in Targets Bombarded by Medium Energy Protons”, Nucl. Instr. Meth., A335, (1993) 30.
7. V.I. Belyakov-Bodin et al.: “Calorimetric Measurements of the Spatial Component of Heat Deposition in Targets from Lead and Bismuth Bombarded by Medium-Energy Protons”, Nucl. Instr. Meth., A373, (1996) 3.
8. Y. Murakami, K. Yoshioka, K. Yamanaka, A. Takahashi and K. Sumita, Leakage Spectra from Beryllium and Beryllium-lithium Sphere, Report JAERI-M, 94-014, Japan Atomic Energy Research Institute (JAERI), Japan, 1994.
9. J. Yamamoto, T. Kanaoka, I. Murata, A. Takahashi and K. Sumita: “Gamma-ray energy Spectra Emitted from Spheres with 14 MeV Neutron Source”, JAERI-M, 94-014, (1994) 32.
10. L.A. Trykov, Yu.I. Kolevatov et al., Report IPPI-1730, Obninsk, 1985.
11. W. Manhart, Report IAEA-TECDOC-410. IAEA Vienna, 1987, p. 158.
12. B.V. Devkin et al.: “Neutron leakage spectra from the iron spherical shell with Cf-252 neutron source”, the Proc. of the VII Russian scientific conference on radiation shielding of nuclear installations, Obninsk (1998).
13. S.P. Simakov: Report ZFK-646, Dresden, (1988) 111.
14. V.A. Talalaev, S.P. Simakov et al.: Acta Universitates Debreceniensis, Debrecen (1991) 13.
Problems of Atomic Science and Technology. Series: Nuclear Constants", issue 2, 1999