Authors & Affiliations
Danilychev A.V., Elistratov D.G., Rinejskij A.A., Stogov V.Yu., Chernyj V.A.
Russian Federation National Research Centre - Institute for Physics and Power Engineering (IPPE), Obninsk, Russia
This paper provides preliminary evaluations of the possible uncertainty ranges in conventional calculation of temperature coefficient of reactivity feedback components in fast reactors. It also analyses, using point kinetics approximation, how these uncertainties affect maximum coolant temperatures during unprotected loss of flow (ULOF) type accidents.
preliminary estimates, uncertainties, feedback TCR components, fast reactors, maximum coolant temperatures
1. G. Khammel, D. Okrent, Reactivity coefficients in large fast power reactors based on fast neutrons, Moscow: Atomizdat, 1975.
2. S.B. Shikhov, Calculating the effect of a change in dimensions on the critical mass of a fast reactor using the perturbation theory, Atomnaya energiya, Vol. 6, No. 2 (1959) pp. 162-168.
3. Evaluation of benchmark calculations on a Fast Power Reaktor Core vith near zero sodium void effect.- IAEA-TECDOC-731, Viena, 1994.
4. V.A. Grabezhnoj, et al., Kinetic effects when calculating reactivity coefficients in a large fast reactor with a sodium void, Voprosy atomnoj nauki i tekhniki, Ser: Yadernye konstanty, 1996, No. 2, p. 49.
5. A.V. Danilychev, V.Yu. Stogov, et al., How the accuracy of calculation of the TCR Doppler component affects the safety rationale for fast reactors, Collected papers for a seminar on the 30th anniversary of the BOR-60 reactor, Dimitrovgrad, November 1999.
6. Work of IAEA/CEC Comparative Calculations for a Severe Accident (ULOF) in the BN-800/1500 MW Reactor with Zero Void Effect. - Contract CEC/IAEA B7-6340/95/191/C2.
7.S.D. Shikhov, A.N. Shmelev, Calculating the effect of an arbitrary change in dimensions on the critical mass of a nuclear reactor using the perturbation theory, In “Fizika yadernykh reaktorov”, Moscow Institute of Physics and Engineering, Moscow, Atomizdat, 1968, pp 67-85.
B.D. Abramov, Reactivity effects in kinetic and diffusion perturbation theories, Atomnaya energiya, Vol. 84, No. 2 (1998) pp. 98-102.