Authors & Affiliations
Abramovich S.N., Gorelov V.P., Gorshikhin A.A., Grebennikov A.N., Il'in V.I., Krut'ko N.A., Farafontov G.G.
Russian Federal Nuclear Centre - All-Russia Scientific Research Institute for Experimental Physics, Sarov, Russia
The library contains neutron data for 103 nuclei - i.e. for 38 actinide nuclei (from 232Th to 249Cm), 26 fission fragment nuclei and 39 nuclei in structural and technological materials. The 38-group constants were obtained from TENDL. The high-energy group boundary is 20 MeV. The energy range below 1.2 eV contains 11 groups. Temperature and resonance effects were taken into account. The delayed neutron parameters for 6 groups and the yields of 40 fission fragments were obtained (light and heavy, stable and non-stable). The fast neutron features of spherical critical assemblies were calculated using constants from TEND 1038.
neutron data library, TENDL, group constants, spherical critical assemblies, fast neutron
1. Abramovich S.N., Gorelov V.P., Gorshikhin A.A., et al., Database for numerical modelling of build-up of fragments in power reactor fuel, Voprosy atomnoj nauki i tekhniki, Ser.: Matematicheskoe modelirovanie fizicheskikh protsessov, No. 3, pp. 40-61, 1996.
2. Abramovich S.N., Gorelov V.P., Grebennikov A.N., et al., Recommendations for the selection of neutron nuclear data for numerical modelling of actinide build-up processes in power reactor fuel, Voprosy atomnoj nauki i tekhniki, Ser.: Matematicheskoe modelirovanie fizicheskikh protsessov, No. 3, pp. 62-70, 1996.
3. Grebennikov A.N., Farafontov G.G., The BEND evaluated neutron data archive: Principles for the organization of the archive and the program package for working with archive data, Voprosy atomnoj nauki i tekhniki, Ser.: Matematicheskoe modelirovanie fizicheskikh protsessov, No. 2, pp. 65-70, 1994.
4. Goncharov G.A., Gorelov V.P., Ivannikova V.N., et al., Algorithms for calculating group constants for the energy-angular distribution of scattered neutrons in a medium of stationary nuclei, Voprosy atomnoj nauki i tekhniki, Ser.: Matematicheskoe modelirovanie fizicheskikh protsessov, No. 1, pp. 38-70, 1991.
5. Gorelov V.P., Goncharov G.A., Farafontov G.G., Accounting for thermal and directed movement of nuclei in a medium in multigroup neutron calculations, Voprosy atomnoj nauki i tekhniki, Ser.: Teoreticheskaya i prikladnaya fizika, No. 2, pp. 18-23, 1990.
6. Abagyan L.P., Bazazyants N.O., Bondarenko I.I., Nikolaev M.N., Group constants for reactor calculations, Moscow, Atomizdat, 1964 [in Russian].
7. Gorelov V.P., Grebennikov A.N., H'in V.I., et al., Numerical modelling of the energy dependence of the neutron flux in a polyethylene block with a fast neutron source, Voprosy atomnoj nauki i tekhniki, Ser.: Yadernye konstanty, No. 2, pp. 39-51, 1998.
8. G. Robert Keepin, Physics of Nuclear Kinetics, Massachusetts - Palo Alto - London: Addison-Wesley Publishing Company, Inc., 1965.
9. Abagyan L.P., Bazazyants N.O., Nikolaev M.N., Tsibulya A.M., Group constants for reactor and shielding calculations, Handbook, edited by M.N. Nikolaeva, Dr. of Physical and Mathematical Sciences, Moscow, Ehnergoizdat, 1981 [in Russian].
10. Luk'yanov A.A., Slowing down and absorption of resonance neutrons, Moscow, Atomizdat, 1974 [in Russian].
11. International Handbook of Evaluated Criticality Safety Benchmark Experiments, Nuclear Energy Agency, Organization for Economic Co-Operation and Development, Paris, NEA/NSC/DOC(95)03, September 1999 Edition.
12. Carlson В., Bell, J., Solution of the transport equation using the Sn method, in nuclear reactor physics: selected pages by foreign scientists, edited by A.I. Lejpunskij and V.S. Fursov, Moscow, Press of the State University for the use of nuclear energy to the Council of Ministers of the USSR, 1959, p. 408 [in Russian].
13. Gorelov V.P., Grebennikov A.N., Farafontov G.G., Yudintsev, V.F., Speeding up convergence of iterations in the direct procedure for determining the eigenvalues of the neutron transport equation by successive approximations, Voprosy atomnoj nauki i tekhniki, Ser.: Matematicheskoe modelirovanie fizicheskikh protsessov, No. 3, 1992, p. 81-85.
14. Kuvshinov M.I., Gorelov V.P., Egorov V.P., Il'yin V.I., Measurements of Critical Parameters of 239Pu and 235U Spherical Assemblies, which contain Nickel as a Reflector and a Filler of the Central Cavity, for the Purpose of Nuclear Data Testing, Report FNDC(CCP)-421, IAEA Nuclear Data Section, IAEA, Vienna, December 1999.