Authors & Affiliations
Piksaikin V.M., Kazakov L.E., Isaev S.G., Korolev G.G., Roshchenko V.A., Tertychnyj R.G.
State Scientific Centre - A.I. Leipunsky Institute for Physics and Power Engineering, Obninsk, Russia
An 8-group representation of relative delayed neutron yields was obtained for epithermal neutron induced fission of 235U and 239Pu. These data were compared with ENDF/B-VI data in terms of the average half-life of the delayed neutron precursors and on the basis of the dependence of reactivity on the asymptotic period.
epithermal neutron, delayed neutron, Pu-239, U-235, half-life, averaging group parameters, delayed neutron precursors
1. Spriggs, G.D., Nucl. Sci. Eng., (1993), v. 114, p. 342.
2. Keepin, G.R., Wimett, T.F., et al., J. Nuclear Energy, (1957), v.6, p. 1.
3. Brady, M.C., England, T.R., Nucl. Sci. Eng., (1989), v. 103, p. 129.
4. Piksaikin, V.M., Isaev, S.G., Correlation properties of delayed neutrons from fast neutron induced fission, Report PNDC(CCP)-415, October (1998), IAEA, Vienna, Austria, p. 1.
5. Isaev, S.G., Piksaikin, V.M., Kazakov, L.E., Goverdovski, A.A., Proc. of 8th International Seminar on Interaction of Neutrons with Nuclei, Dubna, May 17-20 (2000), p. 306.
6. Spriggs, G.D., Campbell, J.M., Piksaikin, V.M., Report LA-UR-98-1619, LANL, March 28, (1999).
7. Piksaikin, V.M., Balakshev, Yu.F., Isaev, S.G., et al., Measurements of the energy dependence of relative delayed neutron yields and the half4ives of their precursor for fast neutron fission 237Np, Atomnaya energiya, 1998, v.85, No.l, p. 51.
8. Piksaikin, V.M., Shorin, V.S., Tertytchnyi, R.G., Report INDC(CCP)-422, IAEA, Vienna, August, 1999.
9. Piksaikin, V.M., Balakshev, Yu.F., Isaev, S.G, Korolev, GG, Semenova, N.N., Sergachev, A.I., Tarasko, M.Z., Voprosy atomnoj nauki i tekhniki, Ser.: Yadernye konstanty No. 1-2, 1997, p. 18.
10. ENDF-102, Data Formats and Procedures for the Evaluated Nuclear Data File ENDF-6, (1991), edited by: Rose, P.F. and Dunford, C.L.
11. Stevenson, J.M., Delayed neutron parameter requirements for reactor physics purposes, Proceedings of the Specialists' Meeting on Delayed Neutron Properties, University of Birmingham, England, (ed. Weaver, D.R), September 15-19, 1986, p. 1-20.