Authors & Affiliations
Isaev S.G., Piksaikin V.M., Kazakov L.E., Roshchenko V.A.
State Scientific Centre - A.I. Leipunsky Institute for Physics and Power Engineering, Obninsk, Russia
A method of the determination of cumulative yields of delayed neutron precursors is developed. This method is based on the iterative least-square procedure applied to delayed neutron decay curves measured after irradiation of 235U sample by thermal neutrons. Obtained cumulative yields in turns were used for deriving the values of the most probable charge in low-energy fission of the above-mentioned nucleus.
cumulative yields, delayed neutron precursors, 12 delayed neutron group model, U-235, thermal neutrons, least-square procedure
1. S.G. Isaev, V.M. Piksaikin, L.E. Kazakov, M.Z. Tarasko. Energy dependence of average half-life of delayed neutron precursors in fast neutron induced fission of 235U and 236U. Proc. of the XIV International Workshop on Nuclear Fission Physics, Obninsk, October 12-15, 1998, pp.257-264.
2. A.C. Wahl, Atomic Data and Nuclear Data Tables, 12, 1988, pp.1-156
3. G. Rudstam, K. Aleklett, L. Sihver. Delayed-neutron branching ratios of precursors in the fission product region. Atomic Data and Nuclear Data Tables, Vol.53, No.1, January 1993, pp.1-22.
4. H. Farrar, R.H. Tomlinson. Nucl. Phys. 34, 1962, p.367.
5. A.C. Wahl, R.L. Ferguson et al. Phys. Rev., Vol.126, No.3, p.1112.
6. R.W. Waldo, R.A. Karam, R.A. Meyer. Delayed neutron yields: Time dependent measurements and a predictive model. Phys. Rev. C, Vol.23, No.3, March 1981, pp.1113-1127.
7. (Ed.) Hitoshi Ihara, Tables And Figures from JNDC Nuclear Data Library of Fission Products, Version 2, JAERIM 89-204.
8. A.N. Gudkov, S.V. Krivasheyev, A.B. Koldobski, V.V. Kovalenko, E.Yu. Bodkov, V.M. Givun, “Yields of Delayed Neutron Precursors in the Fission of Actinides”, Radiochimica Acta, 57, 1992, pp.69-75.
9. G. Rudstam, P. Aagaard, B. Ekstrom, E. Lund, H. Gokturk, H.U. Zwicky. Yields of Products from Thermal Neutron- Induced Fission of 235U. Radiochimica Acta, 49, 1990, pp.155-191.