Authors & Affiliations
Blokhin A.1, Manokhin V.1, Livke A.2, Shvetsov A.2, Nagorny V.2, Zhitnik A.2, Chirkin V.2, Nefedov Y.2, Semenov V.2, Shmarov A.2, Orlov R.2, Savin M.2, Markovskij D.3, Chuvilin D.3, Zagryadsky V.3
1State Scientific Centre - A.I. Leipunsky Institute for Physics and Power Engineering, Obninsk, Russia
2Russian Federal Nuclear Centre All-Russia Scientific Research Institute for Experimental Physics, Sarov, Russia
3The Russian Research Centre "Kurchatov Institute", Moscow, Russia
The measurements of the gamma-ray and neutron leakage spectra from three vanadium spheres with diameter 10, 24 and 34 cm at their internal irradiation by 14-MeV neutrons were carried out in frame of the ISTC Project #910 in collaboration with FZK. All the spheres have the same geometry of the central hole of 3 cm in diameter. The neutron leakage spectra were measured by a scintillation detector, and by a gas proportional counter. The gamma-ray leakage spectra were measured with help of a crystal Nal(Tl). Analysis of these experiments is performed with the new evaluated nuclear data files prepared in frame of the project activities. A comparison of experimental and calculated neutron and gamma-ray leakage spectra from three vanadium spheres is given.
neutron leakage spectra, vanadium spheres, γ-ray leakage spectra, nuclear data, evaluation
1. S.P. Simakov, B.V. Devkin, B.I. Fursov, et al., "Benchmarking of Eevaluated neutron data for vanadium by a 14 MeV spherical shell transmission experiment," INDS(CCP)-417, IAEA Nuclear Data Section, (1998).
2. F. Maekava, Y. Kasugai, C. Konno, et al., "Benchmark experiment on vanadium with D-T neutrons and validation of evaluated nuclear data libraries by analysis of the experiment", J. Nucl. Sci. Technol., vol.36, p.242 (1999).
3. G.A. Borisov, V.D. Sevastyanov, Yu.A. Nefedov, et al., "Creating of branch metrology basis of neutron measurements," Proc. All-Union Counsel on a Metrology of Neutron Measurements in Reactors and Accelerators, - Abstracts of the VNIIFTRI reports. - М., 1990. P. 3 (in Russian).
4. M. Uhl, B. Strohmaier, "STAPRE A Computer Code for Particle Induced Activation Cross Sections and Related Quantities," Report IRK 76/01, Vienna, 1976.
5. P.G. Young, E.D. Arthur, M.B. Chadwick. "Nuclear Reaction Data and Nuclear Reactors" (Trieste, 1996). Ed. A.Gandini, G.Reffo, World Sci., Singapore, 1998, v. 1, p. 227.