Authors & Affiliations
Grigoriev Yu.V.1, Kitaev V.Ya.1, Sinitsa V.V.1, Faikov-Stanchik H.2,3, Mezentseva Zh.V.2, Safronov Yu.V.2, Stempinsky M.2,3, Yaneva N.B.2,4
1State Scientific Centre - A.I. Leipunsky Institute for Physics and Power Engineering, Obninsk, Russia, Россия
2Joint Institute for Nuclear Research, Dubna, Russia
3University of Lodz, Lodz, Poland
4Institute for Nuclear Research and Nuclear Energy, Sophia, Bulgaria
The time-of-flight spectra for γ-ray multiplicities from 1 to 15 were measured on the 122 m flight path of the IBR-30 pulsed neutron booster using the 16-section liquid scintillation detector with the 80 l total volume for thin metallic 235U radiator-sample (0.25 mm) with and without 0.5 mm thickness 235U filter-sample at two temperatures (100° and 293°). Multiplicity spectra and alpha values α=σγ/σf were obtained from time-of-flight spectra after subtracting background components for the energy groups over the range of 2.15-2150 eV with and without filter samples of 235U. The self-indication functions in capture and fission cross-sections for these two temperatures and the Doppler-coefficient for the alpha values were determined from the time-of-flight spectra of 3-rd and sum of the 6 to 9-th multiplicities.
time-of-flight spectra, γ-ray, multiplicity spectra, alpha values, self-indication function, capture and fission cross-sections
1. Grigoriev Yu.V., Kitaev V.Ya., Sinitsa V.V., Faikov-Stanczyk H., Hyon Sung Ho, Measurements of the gamma-ray multiplicity spectra of U-235 and Pu-239 with 16-section liquid scintillation detector, ISINN-6 on Neutron Spectroscopy, Nuclear Structure, Related Topics, Dubna, May 13-16, 1998, pp. 250-259.
2. Мuradyan G.V. et al., Measurement of the fission, capture cross-sections and the alpha value for U-235, Proc. National Conference on Neutron Physics, Kiev, 18-22 April 1977, v. 3, Moscow, 1977, p. 119 (in Russian).
3. Adamchuk Yu.V., Voskanyan М.А., Мuradyan G.V. et al., Measurement of the alpha value for 235U and 239Pu resonances, Proc. National Conference on Neutron Physics, Kiev, 2-6 October 1983, v. 2, Moscow, 1984, p.137 (in Russian).
4. Kanne W.R, Stewart H.B. and White F.A., Capture-to-Fission Ratio of 239Pu and 235U for Intermediate Energy Neutrons, Proc. of Inter. Conf. on Using of Atomic Energy, Geneva, August 8-20, 1955, v. 4, p. 370.
5. Rose P.F., Dunford C.L., ed., Data Formats and Procedures for the Evaluated Nuclear Data File, ENDF-102, BNL, Upton, New York, 1988.
6. Sinitsa V.V., Program for calculating the group constants using the library of evaluated neutron data, Voprosy Atomnoj Nauki i Tekhniki, Ser. Yadernye Konstanty, 1984, v.5 (59), p. 34 (in Russian).