Authors & Affiliations
A.I. Leypunsky Institute for Physics and Power Engineering, Obninsk, Russia
Evaluation of neutron induced fission and capture cross sections for 237Np based at the combined generalized least-squares fit of experimental data for 237Np together with the standard cross-sections and evaluation of promt and delayed fission yields was done. Covariance matrices of the uncertainties of the cross sections and yields were obtained. Uncertainties of the fission cross section evaluated in the energy range from 1 MeV to 200 MeV are only insignificantly larger than the uncertainties of the standard cross sections. The evaluated data file, which includes all reaction cross sections up to 20 MeV neutron energy and covariance matrices for capture and fission cross sections, as well as for prompt and delayed integral yields of neutrons in fission, was prepared.
method of least squares, fission cross section, capture cross section, 237Np, neutron yield in the division, evaluation section 237Np
1. An International Evaluation of Neutron Cross Section Standards, Report STI/PUB/1291, IAEA, Vienna, Austria (2007).
2.http://www-nds.iaea.org/exfor/exfor.htm (January 2009).
3. S.F. Mughabghab, Atlas of Neutron Resonances, BNL, Elsevier Science (2006).
4. H. Harada et al., Journal of Nucl. Sci. and Techn., 43, p. 1289 (2006).
5. K.I. Zolotarev et al., RRDF-98, Russian Reactor Dosimetry File, Rep. IAEA-NDS-193, Rev. 0, IAEA, Vienna (1999).
6. W. Mannhart, Report of the Technical Meeting on International Dosimetry File: IRDF-2002, Rep. INDC(NDS)-435, p. 59 (2002).
7. W. Mannhart, Handbook on Nuclear Actovation Data, IAEA Technical Report series. No.273, p. 413, IAEA, Vienna (1987)
8. H. Thierrens, E. Jacobs, P. D'Hondt et al., NP, A342, p. 229 (1980).
9. Pronjaev V.G., Piksajkin V.M. VANT. Ser. Jadernye Konstant. 1997, No. 1-2, p. 32.
10. http://www-nds.iaea.org/minskact/data/original/za093237 (2009).