Authors & Affiliations
Vorobyev A.S., Shcherbakov O.A.
B.P. Konstantinov Nuclear Physics Institute, St. Petersburg, Russia
Fission neutron energy spectra were measured for 235U and 252Cf. Measurements were made simultaneously at 11 angles between the flight paths of the outgoing neutrons and the outgoing light fragments. The flight paths of the light fragments were determined using multiwire proportional counters. Neutron energy was determined by the time-of-flight method. Neutrons and γ-quantum events were separated using discrimination by impulse shape. The data were analysed to obtain the ratio of the integral spectra for the 35U(n,f) and 252Cf(s.f) reactions. The integral fission neutron spectrum for 235U(n,f) was determined from this ratio by assuming a fission neutron spectrum for 252Cf(s.f) of standard shape.
energy fission, neutron, spectra, 235U, 252Cf, flight time method, prompt fission
1. Vorobyev A.S., Shcherbakov O.A., Pleva Yu.S., et.al., Nucl. Instr. and Meth. A598, 795 (2009).
2. Vorobyev A.S., Shcherbakov O.A., Pleva Yu.S., et.al., in: A.M. Sukhovoj (Ed.), XVIIth International Seminar on Interaction of Neutrons with Nuclei "Neutron Spectroscopy, Nuclear Structure, Related Topics", ISINN-17, Dubna, May 27-29, 2009, JINR, Dubna, E3-2010-36, 2010, p. 60.
3. Reich C.W., Mannhart W., England T., ENDF/B-VII.
4. Seregina E.A., Dyachenko P.P. VANT, Ser. Yadernye konstanty, 1985, No. 1, p. 58.
5. Bowman H.R., Thompson S.G., Milton J.C.D., and Swiatecki W.J., Phys. Rev. 126, 2120 (1962).
6. Poenitz W.P. and Tamura T. in “Nuclear Data for Science and Thechnology”, Bockhoff K.H. (ed.), 465-472, 1983.
7. Seregina E.A., Dyachenko P.P. Yadernaya Fizika, 1985, vol. 42, No. 6(12), p. 1337.
8. Starostov B.I., Nefedov V.N., Boytsov A.A. Proceedings of the Sixth All-Union Conference on Neutron Physics, Kiev, 2–6 October 1983, vol. 2, p. 285 (Moscow, 1984); Starostov B.I., Nefedov V.N., Boytsov A.A. VANT, Ser. Yadernye konstanty, 1985, No. 3, p. 16, EXFOR 40871011, 40871012, 40872007.
9. Lajtai, J. Kecskemeti, J. Safar, et. al., IAEA-TECDOC-335, p. 312 (1985), EXFOR 3070403.
10. Kornilov N., Hambsch F.-J., Fabry I., et. al., Nucl. Sci. and Eng. 165, 117 (2010).
11. Terrell J., Phys. Rev. 113, 527 (1959).
12. Vorobyev A.S., Shcherbakov O.A., Gagarski A.M., et.al, EPJ Web of Conference 8, 03004 (2010). DOI: 10.1051/epjconf/20100803004.