Authors & Affiliations
Anfimov A.M., Gorbunov V.S., Kuznecov D.V., Osipov S.L.
Joint Stock Company "Afrikantov Experimental Design Bureau for Mechanical Engineering", Nizhny Novgorod, Russia
This work discusses the results of the verification code HYDRA-IBRAE/LM/V1 on analytical tests for approbation this code to sodium cooled fast breeder reactor.
Tests chosen for a work will let judge that this code may simulate stationary thermal-hydraulic processes that occur in sodium cooled fast breeder reactor.
Verification’s analysis results are shown in the following tests.
1. The closed circuit with heat exchangers and natural circulation of coolant.
2. The closed circuit network consisting of three parallel channels with pump.
These tests include the effects and processes relevant to sodium cooled fast breeder reactor. And these effects and processes are listed below.
1. Natural circulation of sodium coolant in a hydraulic network.
2. Heat exchange in channels of the simple shape (configuration)through a cylindrical wall.
3. Hydraulic pressure losses due to friction in channels of simple shape.
4. Distribution of flow rate in the channel of branched hydraulic network with different hydraulic resistances.
Distributed thermal-hydraulic model for the contour in which moving coolant implemented in the code HYDRA-IBRAE/LM/V1. This model makes possible to calculate distribution of flow and temperature over the entire length of the elements, which we using for modeling. This is demonstrated in Test 1, when we calculate heat exchanged. Comparison of thecalculations results using the above analytical methods with the calculations using the code HYDRA-IBRAE/LM/V1 showed the adequacy of modelling these processes using this code. In the conclusionwe have shown the next verificationsagendas of code HYDRA-IBRAE/LM/V1 in JSC “Afrikantov OKBM” within the framework of the project “PRORYV”.
verification, fast reactor, sodium coolant, thermo-hydraulic processes, analytical tests, natural circulation, distributed model, heat exchangers, motive head, effective head, distributed canal track
Article Text (PDF, in Russian)
1. V.M. Alipchenkov i dr. Verifikacija teplogidravlicheskogo raschetnogo koda HYDRA-IBRAE/LM i raschjoty komponentov reaktornyh ustanovok na bystryh nejtronah. Tezisy dokladov konferencii «Teplofizika reaktorov na bystryh nejtronah (TEPLOFIZIKA-2013)». Obninsk: GNC RF-IPPE. pp. 154-156. [in Russian]
2. P.L. Kirillov, Ju.S. Jur'ev, V.P. Bobkov Spravochnik po teplogidravlicheskim raschetam: (Jadernye reaktory, teploobmenniki, parogeneratory). Pod obshh. Red. P.L. Kirillova – M: Jenergoatomizdat. 1990. [in Russian]
3. Gidravlicheskij raschet kotel'nyh agregatov: (Normativnyj metod). Baldina O.M., Lokshin V.A., Peterson D.F., i dr. Pod red. V.A. Lokshina i dr. M.: Jenergija. 1978. [in Russian]
4. P.L. Kirillov, G.P. Bogoslovskaja Teploobmen v jadernyh jenergeticheskih ustanovkah: Uchebnik dlja vuzov. M:Jenergoatomizdat. 2000. [in Russian]
5. V.P. Isachenko i dr. Teploperedacha. Uchebnik dlja vuzov. – Izd. 3-e, pererab. i dop. M: «Jenergija». 1975. [in Russian]
Problems of Atomic Science and Technology. Series: Nuclear and Reactor Constants", issue 1, 2014