Authors & Affiliations
Morozov A.V., Sakhipgareev A.R.
A.I. Leypunsky Institute for Physics and Power Engineering, Obninsk, Russia
Sakhipgareev A.R. – PhD student, A.I. Leypunsky Institute for Physics and Power Engineering.
The article presents the results of an experimental study of the processes that are took place while supplying subcooled liquid jet in the volume of the model of accumulator tank of passive core flooding system of the VVER reactor facility (the HA-2 system) in the presence of non-condensable gases. Water supply to the volume of accumulator tank can be used as a mean to extend the operating time of the VVER steam generator in the emergency condensing mode and ensure a long core cooling. A feature of the investigated processes is the low jet velocity (less than 1 m/sec), necessitated to provide a passive mode of operation of safety systems.
The experiments were performed on the "Condensation on the jets" test facility with the parameters specific to the primary circuit of the reactor facility in 24 hours after the accident initiation, and different concentrations of the gas in the steam-gas mixture. As a result of the experiments were found that the increase of the mass concentration of non-condensable gas in the volume the HA-2 model up to 50% reduces the intensity of the condensation of steam on the subcooled liquid jet to about 55%.The obtained experimental data can be used for numerical simulation of emergency processes in the VVER reactor facility during operation of the passive safety systems (the HA-2 system, passive heat removal system), with regard to the removal of the steam-gas mixture from the steam generator by supply of the liquid jet into the volume of HA-2 accumulator tank.
VVER, steam generator, condensation mode, condensation on the jets, non-condensable gases, steamgas mixture
1. Kalyakin S.G., Sorokin A.P., Pivovarov V.A., Pomet'ko R.S., Selivanov Yu.F., Morozov A.V., Remizov O.V. Eksperimental'nye issledovaniya teplofizicheskikh protsessov v obosnovanie bezopasnosti VVER novogo pokoleniya [Experimental study of thermal-physical processes in support of the safety of the new generation VVER]. Atomnaya energiya – Atomic Energy, 2014, vol. 116, no. 4, pp. 241-246.
2. Morozov A.V., Remizov O.V. Eksperimental'noe obosnovanie proektnykh funktsij dopolnitel'noj sistemy passivnogo zaliva aktivnoj zony reaktora VVER [An experimental substantiation of the design functions imposed on the additional system for passively flooding the core of a VVER reactor]. Teploenergetika – Thermal Engineering, 2012, no. 5, pp. 22-27.
3. Luk'yanov A.A., Zajtsev A.A., Morozov A.V., Popova T.V., Remizov O.V., Tsyganok A.A., Kalyakin D.S. Raschetno-eksperimental'noe issledovanie vliyaniya nekondensiruyuschikhsya gazov na rabotu modeli parogeneratora VVER v kondensatsionnom rezhime pri zaproektnoj avarii [Numerical and experimental investigation of the effect of non-condensable gases on the VVER steam generator model operation in condensing mode during beyond design basis accident]. Izvestiya vuzov. Yadernaya energetika – Proseedings of Universities. Nuclear Power, 2010, no. 4, pp. 172-182.
4. Berkovich V.M., Taranov G.S., Kalyakin S.G., Remizov O.V., Morozov A.V. Razrabotka i obosnovanie tekhnologii udaleniya nekondensiruyuschikhsya gazov dlya obespecheniya rabotosposobnosti sistemy passivnogo otvoda tepla [The development and substantiation of technology of removal of non-condensable gases to ensure of the operation passive heat removal system]. Atomnaya energiya – Atomic Energy, 2006, vol. 100, no. 1, pp. 13-19.
5. Kopytov I.I., Kalyakin S.G., Berkovich V.M., Morozov A.V., Remizov O.V. Experimental investigation of non-condensable gases effect on Novovoronezh NPP-2 steam generator condensation power under the condition of passive safety systems operation. Proc. 17th Int. Conf. on Nuclear Engineering 2009, ICONE 17. Brussels, 2009, pp. 735-743.
6. Morozov A.V., Supotnitskaya O.V., Kalyakin D.S. Kondensatsiya para i parogazovoj smesi na strue zhidkosti [Condensation of the steam and the steam-gas mixture on the liquid jet]. Preprint FEI 3198 – Preprint IPPE 3198. Obninsk, 2011.
7. Isachenko V.P. Teploobmen pri kondensatsii [Heat transfer in the condensation]. Moscow, Energiya Publ., 1977. 240 p.
8. Kutateladze S.S. Teploperedacha pri kondensacii i kipenii [Heat transfer in the condensation and boiling]. Moscow, Mashgiz Publ., 1952. 234 p.
9. Levich V.G. Fiziko-himicheskaya gidrodinamika [Physical and chemical hydrodynamics]. Moscow, Gosudarstvennoe izdatel'stvo fiziko-matematicheskoj literatury, 1959. 700 p.
10. Kulic E., Rhodes E. Heat transfer rate to moving droplets in air/steam mixtures. Proc. 6th Int. Heat Transfer Conf. Toronto, 1978, vol. 1, pp. 469-474.
11. Prandtl' L. Gidroaeromekhanika [Aerohydromechanics]. Izhevsk, NI?S "Regulyarnaya i khaoticheskaya dinamika" Publ., 2000. 576 p.
12. Berman L.D., Gordon B.G., Bogdan S.N. Teplootdacha ot parovozdushnoj smesi k dispergi-rovannoj vodyanoj strue v ogranichennom ob''eme [Heat transfer from the steam-air mixture to the dispersed water jet in a limited volume]. Teploenergetika – Thermal Engineering, 1981, no. 12, pp. 38-42.
13. Berkovich V.M., Peresadko V.G., Taranov G.S., Remizov O.V., Morozov A.V., Tsyganok A.A., Kalyakin D.S. Experimental study on Novovoronezh NPP-2 steam generator model condensation power in the event of the beyond design basis accident. Proc. Int. Congress on Advances in Nuclear Power Plants 2010, ICAPP 2010. San Diego, 2010, pp. 186-192.
14. Morozov A.V., Remizov O.V. Eksperimental'noe issledovanie raboty modeli parogeneratora VVER v kondensatsionnom rezhime [Experimental study of the model steam generator VVER in condensing mode]. Teploenergetika - Thermal Engineering, 2012, no. 5, pp. 16-21.