Authors & Affiliations
Satin A.A., Solonin V.I.
Bauman Moscow State Technical University, Moscow, Russia
Satin A.A. - assistant lecture, Bauman Moscow State Technical University. Contacts: 5/1, 2nd Bauman st., Moscow, Russia, 105005. Tel.: (916)943-36-88, e-mail:
Solonin V.I. – Dr. Sci. (Tech.), professor, Deputy Head of the Department, Bauman Moscow State Technical University.
The title investigates the influence of the geometry of the deflector on the paths averaged and pulsa ting flow in a hemispherical inlet collector and a circular in core coolant paths in the model gascooled reactor and recommendations for optimization of collector paths. The results of measurement of the pressure loss, the flow speed of the coolant paths in the model containing fuel rods 55 rod simulators. The numerical simulation of the flow from the inlet to the outlet nozzles using twoparameter model k-e turbulence model and the software package ANSYS CFX v14.0. Demonstrated satisfactory agreement between the experimental and theoretical results. It is shown that the use of switchgear allows coolant flow alignment in inlet coret that with a uniform cross-sectional energy release reduces fuel rod temperature level. Options considered a constructive solution to solve the problem deflector s reducing pulsation components of flux in the core, but are characterized by an increase in the hydraulic resistance.
computational hydrodynamics, pressure collector, deflector, aerodynamic experiment, gas-cooled reactor, inlet core
1. Dragunov Iu.G. Reactor unit for megawatt propulsion-power module. Atomic Energy, 2012, vol. 113, iss. 1, pp. 1-3. DOI: 10.1007/s10512-012-9586-6.
2. Dragunov Iu.G., Loginov S.A., Bezrukov Iu.A. Eksperimental'noe obosnovanie teplogidravlicheskoi nadezhnosti reaktorov s VVER [Experimental substantiation of thermal-hydraulic reliability of WWER reactors]. Moscow, IKTs "Akademkniga" Publ., 2004. 255 p.
3. Rezepov V.K., Denisov V.P., Kiriliuk N.A., Dragunov Iu.G., Ryzhov S.B. Reaktory VVER-1000 dlia atomnykh elektrostantsii [WWER-1000 for nuclear power plants]. Moscow, IKTs "Akademkniga" Publ., 2004. 333 p.
4. Service Manual DISA Electronik a/s DK-2740 Scovlunde. DISA Information Department, 1975. 66 p.
5. Zhukauskas A.A. Konvektivnyi perenos v teploobmennikakh [Convective transfer in heat exchangers]. Moscow, Nauka Publ., 1982. 472 p.
6. Khanzhonkov V.I. Aerodynamic characteristics of impinging on the screen annular jet. Promyshlennaia aerodinamika [Industrial aerodynamics]. Moscow, Mashinostroenie Publ., 1966, pp. 145-179.
7. ANSYS, Inc. ANSYS CFX-Solver Theory Guide. Release 14, 2012.
8. Versteeg H.K., Malalasekera W. An Introduction to Computational Fluid Dynamics. The Finite Volume Metod. England, Longman and Technical Publ., 1995. 267 p.