Authors & Affiliations
Kruglov A.B.1, Kruglov V.B.1, Kharitonov V.S.1, Struchalin P.G.1, Orlova E.A.2, Zagrebaev S.A.2, Jmurin V.G. 2
1National Research Nuclear University “MEPhI”, Moscow, Russia
2A.I. Leypunsky Institute for Physics and Power Engineering, Obninsk, Russia
Kruglov A.B. – PhD (Phys.-Math.), training resource worker, National Research Nuclear University “MEPhI”.
Kruglov V.B. – PhD (Tech.), Assoc. Prof., National Research Nuclear University “MEPhI”.
Kharitonov V.S. – PhD (Tech.), deputy head of department of thermal physics, National Research Nuclear University “MEPhI”.
Struchalin P.G. – engeneer, National Research Nuclear University “MEPhI”.
Orlova E.A. – Cand. Sci. (Tech.), Accos. prof., leading researcher, A.I. Leypunsky Institute for Physics and Power Engineering.
Zagrebaev S.A. – researcher, A.I. Leypunsky Institute for Physics and Power Engineering.
Jmurin V.G. – leading engeneer, A.I. Leypunsky Institute for Physics and Power Engineering.
Fuel rods containing mixed uranium-plutonium nitride fuel are planned to use at the advanced nuclear power plants. In order to maintain an acceptable temperature during reactor operation is proposed to use highly conducting liquid metal layer between the fuel and fuel cladding. As the material of this layer is offered lead-magnesium alloys, the thermal conductivity of which has been insufficiently understood.
The study of thermal conductivity of lead-magnesium alloys in the temperature range 300-650єC using the original method was considered in the paper. Manufacturing process of alloy samples is briefly described, the scheme of thermal conductivity measurements on the NETZSCH LFA-457 facility is outlined. The dependence of the thermal conductivity on alloys temperature in 300-650°C range is the result of the study.
thermal conductivity, thermal conductivity measurement method, thermal and physical properties, lead-magnesium
Article Text (PDF, in Russian)
1. Orlov V.V., Leonov V.N., Orlova E.A. Sposob formirovaniya zashchitnogo pokrytiya na poverkhnosti metalla [A method of forming a protective coating on the metal surface]. Patent RF, no. 2439203, 2012.
2. Kruglov A.B., Kruglov V.B., Rachkov V.I., Struchalin P.G., Kharitonov V.S., Askhadullin R.Sh., Martynov P.N. Metodika izmereniya teploprovodnosti zhidkogo svintsa v diapazone temperatur 350 – 1000°C [Technique for Measuring Liquid Lead Thermal Conductivity at 350–1000°C]. Teplofizika vysokikh temperatur – High Temperature, 2015, vol. 53, no. 4, pp. 596-600.
3. Kim Y., Kim S.J., Song T.Y. Physics study on lead-magnesium-eulectric-cooled reactor for TRU transmutation. Management of radioactive wastes, and non-radioactive wastes from nuclear facilities (s12); general studies of nuclear reactors (S22), 2005.
4. Khairulin R.A., Kosheleva A.S., Stankus P.V. Termicheskie svoystva zhidkikh splavov sistemy magniy-svinets [Thermal properties of liquid alloys of magnesium-lead system]. Teplofizika i aeromekhanika - Thermophysics and Aeromechanics, 2007, vol. 14, no. 1.
5. Kruglov A.B., Kruglov V.B., Struchalin P.G., Kharitonov V.S. Issledovanie teploprovodnosti svintsa impul'snym metodom v diapazone temperatur 350–1000°C [The study lead thermal conduction pulse method in the temperature range 350–1000°C]. Trudy nauchno-tekhnicheskoy konferentsii "Teplofizika reaktorov na bystrykh neytronakh. Teplofizika-2014" [Proc. Sci. Tech. Conf. "Thermal physics of fast reactors. Thermal Physics-2014"]. Obninsk, 2014, pp. 112-113.
Problems of Atomic Science and Technology. Series: Nuclear and Reactor Constants, 2016, issue 4, 4:4