Authors & Affiliations
Gordeev S.S.1, Sorokin A.P.2, Tikhomirov B.B.2, Trufanov A.A.2, Denisova N.A. 2
1National Research Nuclear University “MEPHI”, Moscow, Russia
2A.I. Leypunsky Institute for Physics and Power Engineering, Obninsk, Russia
Sorokin A.P. – Dr. Sci. (Tech.), Deputy Director of Safety Department, A.I. Leypunsky Institute for Physics and Power Engineering.
Tikhomirov B.B. – Cand. Sci. (Tech.), Leading Researcher, A.I. Leypunsky Institute for Physics and Power Engineering.
Trufanov A.A. – Deputy Director General, Director of Safety Department, A.I. Leypunsky Institute for Physics and Power Engineering.
Denisova N.A. – Leading engineer of Safety Department, A.I. Leypunsky Institute for Physics and Power Engineering.
The technique and algorithm for calculating the maximum temperature of fuel cladding and the nonuniformity of temperature along their perimeter, taking into account inter-channel mixing of coolant in the fuel assemblies, fuel rods fast reactors with sodium coolant based on random variation of initial parameters. The maximum rated temperature of the fuel cladding is calculated as a superposition of the mean temperature of the coolant in the surrounding channels, average perimeter shell temperature difference "semi-liquid". Running multiple thermohydraulic calculation of the statistical model of a fuel bundle and statistical processing. The results of calculations of the temperature field in the random distribution of passage sections of channels and the energy of fuel rods using the Monte Carlo method, performed according to the program MIF, which show that the average value of the maximum temperature of the fuel cladding are between the corresponding values in the model calculations tightly compressed and maximum push the beam. As averaging the values of non-uniformity of temperature along the perimeter of the fuel rods is higher than the calculation of the average parameters of the beam. The correct account of the impact of various factors, including random deviation parameters on the temperature field of fuel assemblies is a necessary requirement for modern thermal-hydraulic calculation of the fast reactor fuel assemblies.
fast reactor, fuel subassembly, fuel element, cladding, sodium, velocity, temperature, method of calculation, computer code, interchannel mixing, random variation, model of bundle
1. Zhukov A.V., Sorokin A.P., Matjuhin N.M. Mezhkanal'nyy obmen v TVS bystrykh reaktorov: raschetnye programmy i prakticheskie prilozheniya [The inter-channel sharing in the fast reactor fuel assemblies: the design of the program and the practical application]. Moscow, Energoatomizdat Publ., 1991.
2. Zhukov A.V., Sorokin A.P., Matjuhin N.M. Mezhkanal'nyy obmen v TVS bystrykh reaktorov: teoreticheskie osnovy i fizika protsessa [The inter-channel sharing in the fast reactor fuel assemblies: the theoretical foundations and the physics of the process]. Moscow, Energoatomizdat Publ., 1989.
3. Zhukov A.V., Sorokin A.P., Titov P.A., Ushakov P.A. Analiz gidravlicheskogo soprotivleniya puchkov tvelov bystrykh reaktorov [Analysis of the hydraulic resistance of the beams of fast reactor fuel elements]. Atomnaya energiya - Atomic Energy, 1986, vol. 60, no. 5, pp. 317-321.
4. Metodicheskie ukazaniya i rekomendatsii po teplogidravlicheskomu raschetu aktivnykh zon bystrykh reaktorov [Guidelines and recommendations for heat hydraulic calculation cores of fast reactors]. Leading technical materials (LTM) 1604.008-88. Approved and put into effect by the State Committee on the Use of Atomic Energy 13.10.88, no. GK-6627/19. Obninsk, 1989.
5. Efanov A.D., Sorokin A.P., Zhukov A.V. eplogidravlicheskiy analiz aktivnoy zony yadernykh reaktorov s zhidkometallicheskim okhlazhdeniem. Chast' II [Thermal-hydraulic analysis of nuclear reactors cooled with liquid metal core. Part II]. Teplovye protsessy v tekhnike - Thermal processes in the technology, 2009, vol. 1, no. 8, pp. 318-331.
6. Kurbatov I.M., Tihomirov B.B. Raschet sluchaynykh otkloneniy temperatur v aktivnoy zone reaktora [Calculation of random temperature variations in the reactor core]. Preprint FEI-1090 - Preprint IPPE-1090. Obninsk, 1980.
7. Carelli M.D., Friedland A.J. Hot Channel Factors for Rod Temperature Calculations in LMFBR Assemblies. Nuclear Engineering and Design, 1980, vol. 62, no. 2, pp. 155-180.
8. Tihomirov B.B., Poplavskij V.M. Vliyanie statisticheskikh kharakteristik puchka tvelov TVS na otsenku temperaturnogo rezhima aktivnoy zony bystrogo natrievogo reaktora [Influence of the statistical characteristics of fuel rod bundle TVS to assess the temperature of the core of the sodium fast reactor]. Izvestiya vuzov. Yadernaya energetika - Proseedings of Universities. Nuclear Power Engineering, 2014, no. 2, pp. 128-139.
9. Kazachkovsky O.D., Sorokin A.P., Zhukov A.V. et. al. Metod sosredotochennykh parametrov v zadache o temperaturnom pole v formoizmenennykh TVS s neadiabaticheskimi granichnymi usloviyami [Method of the concentrated parameters in the problem of the temperature field in the shaping of fuel assemblies with non-adiabatic boundary conditions]. Preprint FEI-1672 - Preprint IPPE-1672. Obninsk, 1985.
10. Bogoslovkaya G.P., Sorokin A.P., Zhukov A.V. LMFR core and heat exchanger thermohydraulic design: Former USSR and present Russian approaches. IAEA-TECDOC-1060. Vienna, IAEA, 1099.
11. Knut D. Iskusstvo programmirovaniya dlya EVM (poluchislennye algoritmy). Tom 2 [Art of Computer Programming (Seminumerical algorithms). Vol. 2]. Moscow, Mir Publ., 1977.