Authors & Affiliations
A.I. Leypunsky Institute for Physics and Power Engineering, Obninsk, Russia
In this paper we present the derivation of a mathematical model the starting point (the criterion of "origin") for boundaries of fluctuation areas based on the classical equation of a linear oscillator with damping, obtained earlier using a quasi-one dimension (K1M) form non-equilibrium model drift flux model with taking into account subcooled boiling and channels with a riser section. The presented analytical solutions, reflecting K1M in the form of all the components of the pressure loss, feedback and time delay, provide the greatest depth and complete analysis of the results. This paper analyzes the limit transitions obtained generalized models and test the boundaries of "origin" region of density wave instability (DWI) and compared with previous criteria.
linear analytical model, density wave instability, drift flux model, starting (origin) point, boundary area instabilities
Article Text (PDF, in Russian)
1. Kornienko Yu.N. Razrabotka obobshchennogo kriteriya granitsy kolebaniy voln plotnosti v parallel'nykh kanalakh s pod"emnymi uchastkami na osnove modeli neravnovesnogo potoka dreyfa [The development of generic criteria of fluctuations of density waves in parallel channels with lifting portions based on the model of nonequilibrium drift flow]. Voprosy atomnoy nauki i tekhniki. Seriya: Fizika yadernykh reaktorov – Problems of atomic science and technology. Series: Physics of Nuclear Reactors, 2014, no. 1-2, pp. 91–101.
2. Kornienko Y.N. Generalized quasi-one-dimensional model of non-homogeneous two-phase flow and criterion for density wave oscillation in parallel channels with riser. Proc. 14th Int. Topical Meeting on Nuclear Reactor Thermal Hydraulics. Toronto, 2011.
3. Kornienko Yu.N. Parametry raspredeleniy i form-faktory v kvazi-odnomernom modelirovanii dvukh-faznykh neravnovesnykh potokov [Parameters of distributions and form factors in a quasi-one-dimensional modeling of two-phase non-equilibrium flows]. Teploenergetika – Thermal Engineering, 2004, no. 7, pp. 53-64.
4. Kornienko Yu.N. Obobshchenie analiticheskikh integral'nykh form koeffitsientov treniya, teplo- i massoobmena dlya neravnovesnykh dvukhfaznykh potokov. Kol'tsevye kanaly i TVS [Generalization of the analytical form of the integral coefficients of friction, heat and mass transfer for non-equilibrium two-phase flows. The annular channels and TVS]. Voprosy atomnoy nauki i tekhniki. Seriya: Fizika yadernykh reaktorov – Problems of atomic science and technology. Series: Physics of Nuclear Reactors, 2013, no. 4, pp. 61-76.
5. Khabensky V.B., Gerliga V.A. Coolant flow instabilities in power equipment. CRC Press, Taylor & Francis, 2013.
6. Goryachenko V.D. Elementy teorii kolebaniy [Elements of the theory of vibrations]. Moscow, Vysshaya shkola Publ., 2001. 395 p.
7. Komyshnyy V.N., Kornienko Yu.N., Kulikov B.I. et.al. Osobennosti povedeniya granits oblastey mezhkanal'nykh pul'satsiy [Features of behavior of the boundaries of inter-channel fluctuations]. Atomnaya energiya – Atomic Energy, 1983, vol. 54, no. 3, pp. 173-175.
8. Kornienko Yu.N. Osobennosti povedeniya granits neustoychivosti voln plotnosti v parallel'nykh kanalakh s pod"emnymi uchastkami v usloviyakh nizkikh massovykh skorostey [Features of behavior instability boundaries density waves in parallel channels with lifting portions at low mass velocities]. Teplovye protsessy v tekhnike – Thermal Processes in Engineering, 2014, vol. 6, no. 5, pp. 194-201.
9. Saha P., Zuber N. An analytical study of the thermally induced two-phase flow instabilities including the effect of thermal non-equilibrium. Int. J. Heat Mass Transfer, 1978, vol. 21, pp. 415-426.
10. Guido G., Converti J., Clause A. Density-wave oscillations in parallel channels. Nuclear Engineering and Design, 1991, vol. 125, pp. 121-136.
11. Su G.H., Jia D.N., Fukuda K., GuoY. Theoretical and experimental study on density wave oscillation of two-phase natural circulation of low equilibrium quality. Nuclear Engineering and Design, 2002, vol. 215, pp. 187-198.
12. Saha P., Zuber N. Point of net vapor generation and void fraction in subcooled boiling. Proc. 5-th Int. Heat Transfer Conf. Tokyo, 1974, vol. 4, pp. 175-179.
13. 13. Delaye Dzh., Gio M., Ritmyuller M. Teploobmen i gidrodinamika v atomnoy i teplovoy energetiki [Heat transfer and hydrodynamics in nuclear and thermal power]. Moscow, Enegroatomizdat Publ., 1984. 424 p.
Problems of Atomic Science and Technology. Series: Nuclear and Reactor Constants, 2016, issue 4, 4:15