Authors & Affiliations
Andrianova O.N., Koshcheev V.N., Lomakov G.B., Manturov G.N.
A.I. Leypunsky Institute for Physics and Power Engineering, Obninsk, Russia
Andrianova O.N. – Dr. Sci. (Tech.), Senior Resecher, A.I. Leypunsky Institute for Physics and Power Engineering.
Koshcheev V.N. – Dr. Sci. (Tech.), Chief Researcher of Safety Department,A.I. Leypunsky Institute for Physics and Power Engineering.
Manturov G.N. – Dr. Sci. (Tech.), Head of Laboratory, A.I. Leypunsky Institute for Physics and Power Engineering.
The paper presents the results of an analysis of calculation-to-experimental discrepancies in new evaluations of differential experiments on neutron transmission through silicon samples and integral experiments at the BFC facilities from the IRPHEP handbook, which were carried out in different years at the IPPE (Obninsk, Russia) to examine the properties of fuel and structural materials and propose adjustments of the uranium-235 and silicon neutron cross-sections.
This series of studies is an example of the implementation of a combined analysis of differential and integral experiments to correct the evaluated neutron data. The paper analyzes the possible reasons for calculation-to-experimental discrepancies associated with the representation of nuclear data on the resonance structure of neutron cross sections in transport and nuclear data processing codes, as well as some questions related to the influence of the resonant structure of neutron cross sections on the measured characteristics.
neutron transmission, BFS, nuclear data, resonance self-shielding effects
1. Matveenko I.P. et al. Experimental Program Investigating Critical Parameters of Damp MOX Powders. Proc. Conf. "Third International Conference on Natural Computation ICNC2007". Haikou, Hainan, China, 2007.
2. Manturov G.N., Nikolaev M.N., Tsibulya A.M. Sistema gruppovykh konstant BNAB-93. Chast' 1. Yadernye konstanty dlya rascheta neytronnykh i fotonykh poley izlucheniya [ABBN-93 Group Constants System. Part 1: Nuclear Constants for Calculation of Neutron and Photon Radiation Fields]. Voprosy atomnoy nauki i tekhniki. Seriya: Yadernye konstanty – Problems of atomic science and technology. Series: Nuclear Constants, 1996, vol. 1, pp. 59-98.
3. ROSFOND - Russian neutron library. (2010). Available at: http://www.ippe.ru/podr/abbn/english/libr/rosfond.php (accessed 20.02.2017).
4. Koscheev V., Nikolaev M., Filippov V. et al. FUND-IPPE-VdG-MULT-TRANS-001. Measurement of Fast Neutron Transmission Through Iron, Nickel, and Chromium Samples of Various Thicknesses. International Handbook of Evaluated Criticality Safety Benchmark Experiments, NEA/NSC/DOC(95)03, September 2006 Edition.
5. Tsiboulia A., Matveenko I., Nikolaev M. et al. HEU-MET-MIXED-005. Critical experiments with Heterogeneous Compositions of Highly Enriched Uranium, Silicon Dioxid E, and Polyethylene. International Handbook of Evaluated Criticality Safety Benchmark Experiments, NEA/NSC/DOC(95)03, September 2006 Edition.
6. MCNP–A General Monte Carlo N-Particle Transport Code, Version 5. Volume I (LA-UR-03-1987), Volume II (LA-CP-03-0245), Volume III (LA-CP-03-0284).