Authors & Affiliations
Dolgikh V.P., Popov E.P.
A.I. Leypunsky Institute for Physics and Power Engineering, Obninsk, Russia
Popov E.P. – Senior Researcher, A.I. Leypunsky Institute for Physics and Power Engineering.
In the analysis of nuclear and radiation safety of existing and designed BN reactors considerable attention is paid to the problems associated with their fuel.
This paper describes the approaches to determine radiation characteristics of non-fuel compositions and structural elements of fuel assemblies (FA) and non-fuel assemblies of the core. The latter include the control and protection system (CPS) assemblies (reactivity compensators, regulators, emergency protection, assembly sleeves) and in-vessel storage shielding assemblies (steel and boron carbide assemblies).
Since the volume of information for analysis is quite extensive, from the neutron-physical calculation of the reactor and the simulation of the corresponding compositions irradiation to further monitoring of the processes in the cooling pond (CP) and solid radioactive waste storage facility (SRWSF), a convenient calculation tool with the modern nuclear data is required for a systemic and complex approach. The results of research in this direction are presented in this paper.
fast reactors, radioactivity of structural elements of core assemblies , radioactive waste
1. Poplavsky V.M. et al. Core Design and Fuel Cycle of Advanced Fast Reactor with Sodium Coolant. Proc. Int. Conf. on Fast Reactor and Related Fuel Cycle: Challenges and Opportunities (FR09). Kyoto, Japan, 2009.
2. Popov E.P., Zabrodskaya S.V., Grishina S.V. Programma ACMAR - raschet radiatsionnykh i ekologicheskikh kharakteristik konstruktsionnykh i netoplivnykh materialov reaktora [Program ACMAR - calculation of radiation and ecological characteristics of structural and non-fuel reactor materials]. Preprint FEI-3190 – Preprint IPPE-3190. Obninsk, 2010.
3. Seregin A.S., Kislitsina T.S., Tsibulya A.M. Annotatsiya kompleksa programm TRIGEX 04 [Abstract complex TRIGEX 04 programs]. Preprint FEI-2846 – Preprint IPPE-2846. Obninsk, 2000.
4. Manturov G.N., Nikolaev M.N., Tsibulya A.M. Programma podgotovki konstant CONSYST. Opisanie primeneniya [Constant training program CONSYST. Application Description]. Preprint FEI-2828 – Preprint IPPE-2828. Obninsk, 2000.
5. Belov S.B., Boyarinov V.F., Zizin M.N., Marova E.V., Nevitsina V.A., Radionycheva A.A., Farakshin M.R., Fomichenko P.A., Frolov V.M. Analiz rezul'tatov rascheta neytronno-fizicheskikh kharakteristik reaktora BN-1200 na baze testovoy modeli aktivnoy zony [Analysis of the results of calculation of neutron-physical characteristics of the reactor BN-1200 on the basis of a test of the core model]. Trudy konferentsii "Neytronno-fizicheskie problemy atomnoy energetiki" [Proc. Conf. "Neutronphysical problems of nuclear power"]. Obninsk, 2011, vol. 2, pp. 433-442.
6. Main Sanitary Regulations to Ensure Radiation Safety (OSPORB – 99/2010), 2010, pp. 83.
7. Decree of the RF Government of 19.10.2012 no. 1069. On the criteria for assigning solid. Liquid and gaseous waste to radioactive waste. The criteria for classifying radioactive wastes as special radioactive wastes and for the radioactive waste to be disposed of and criteria for the classification of radioactive waste to be disposed of., 2012, pp. 15.
8. The Order of the Ministry of Natural Resources of Russia. On the initial establishment of tariffs for the disposal of radioactive waste from March 13, 2013 N 89.