Authors & Affiliations
Skobelev A.N., Nikolaev A.A., Soshnikov A.A., Stepanov V.S.
Experimental and Design Organization "GIDROPRESS", Podolsk, Russia
Nikolaev A.A. – Deputy of Department Chief, Cand. Sci. (Tech.), Experimental and Design Organization "GIDROPRESS".
Soshnikov A.A. – Head of Department, Experimental and Design Organization "GIDROPRESS".
Stepanov V.S. – Chief Designer-Deputy Director, Experimental and Design Organization "GIDROPRESS".
At present for solution of prospective features in front of nuclear-power engineering, at EDO "GIDROPRESS" on a base of lead-bismuth reactor technologies the projects of low-power reactors alike LBFR (Lead-Bismuth fast reactor) are developing to creation a power-supplyer on a range of powers from ~6 till 100 MWe against customer requirements.
When a novel reactor facility with lead-bismuth coolant (FB with LBC) is putting into operation, on a first criticality phase must be realized experimental researches to definition fact values of core base neutron-physical characteristics (NPC) and providing to NP-082-07 demands. In case of getting negative results core must be assembling again with replacement some fuel assemblies or elements. Realization this actions after contacting fuel elements with coolant is expensive and potentially dan-gerous operation. Therefore, as may be necessary, preliminary physical measurements could be real-ized in reactor module without coolant or by using receiving-passing critical facility. In this case ab-sence of coolant between fuel elements will bring to discrepancy of measured and actual (projected) characteristics, which scale for range of powers facilities, developing in EDO "GIDROPRESS" is ap-preciated in this paper.
Among main results of this paper noted influence absence of coolant in core decrease in proportion as increasing of core dimensions. Also observed weak sensitivity of concerned functionals to pres-ence/absence of coolant for largest model (alike SVBR-100), i.e. opportunity of fact confirmation of projected NPC by realization core tests without coolant.
reactor facility, experimental research, neutron-physical characteristics, fuel rod array, fuel element, lead-bismuth coolant, core, receiving-passing critical facility, absorbing rods, MCNP5, effective neutron multiplication factor, group spectrum
1. Adamov E.O. Sostoyanie razrabotok ASMM v mire i Rossii, prioritety i perspektivy ikh sozdaniya [Condition of the NSLP development in world and in Russia, priority and aspects of their constructing], (2015). Available at: www.innov-rosatom.ru/files/articles/5e334977fec5bf72d7dedcb904a914c0.pdf (accessed 31.08.2016).
2. Blochno-transportabel'naya ATETs "Angstrem" [Block-transportable ATES "Angstrem"]. EDO "Gidropress", (2017). Available at: www.gidropress.podolsk.ru/ru/projects/angstrem.php (accessed 10.09.2016).
3. Reaktornye ustanovki tipa SVBR [Reactor installations of SVBR type]. EDO "Gidropress", (2017). www.gidropress.podolsk.ru/ru/projects/svbr.php (accessed 10.09.2016).
4. Stepanov V.S., Ryshov S.B., Klimov N.N. et al. Reaktornaya ustanovka SVBR-100. Osnovnye proektnye polozheniya [Reactor facility SVBR-100. Base projects regulations]. Voprosy atomnoy nauki i tekhniki. Ser. Obespechenie bezopasnosti AES - Problems of atomic science and technology. Series: Safety assurance of NPP, 2009, no. 24, pp. 7-12.
5. Seleznev E.F. Kinetika reaktorov na bystrykh neytronakh [Kinetics of fast reactors]. Moscow, Science Publ., 2013.