Authors & Affiliations
Golovko Yu.E., Manturov G.N.
A.I. Leypunsky Institute for Physics and Power Engineering, Obninsk, Russia
Manturov G.N. – Head of Laboratory, Dr. Sci. (Phys. and Math.), A.I. Leypunsky Institute for Physics and Power Engineering.
At the beginning of 2000th a number of experiments with high enriched uranium performed at ORNL, Rocky Flats, LANL, VNIITF, VNIIEF have been used in 235U neutron cross sections validation and in estimation of criticality calculation accuracy for systems with high enriched uranium. These experiments includes those performed at IPPE. During statistical analysis so called “reference” experiments without poisons or with poisons which concentration is neglible small have been eliminated as contradictive. Such experiments have been excluded from further considerations.
In the proposed work the undetermined lagrangian coefficients method have been applied. It have been allowed to estimate biases to dimensions and concentrations measured in experiments with high enriched uranium performed at IPPE. Taking into account of these biases we can make agree calculation data with experimental ones. These in turn will allow to leave such experiment’s data for further considerations and thus to increase reliability of criticality uncertainty estimation results for systems with high enriched uranium.
In current work it has been shown than a large discrepancies of experimental and calculation results are mainly caused by gadolinium concentration measurements in solutions. The values of experimentally measured solutions heights, free nitric acid concentrations and tank radiuses affects on calculation results in smaller extent. If we’ll take into account biases to mainly these parameters we remove all contradictions and compensate all discrepancies between calculation and experimental results which have been confirmed by direct calculations via different neutron cross sections.
Undetermined Lagrangian Coefficients Method, multiplication factor, neutron cross-sections, criticality, criticality benchmark experiment, covariance matrix, adjustment, maximum likelihood method
1. International Handbook of Evaluated Criticality Safety Benchmark Experiments, NEA/NSC/DOC(95)3 (September 2010 Edition).
2. Ivanova T.T. Otsenka pogreshnosti raschetnogo predskazaniya kriticheskikh parametrov razmnozhayushchikh sistem s vysokoobogashchennym uranom. Diss. cand. fiz.-mat. nauk [Estimation of the error in the calculated prediction of critical parameters of multiplying systems with highly enriched uranium. Cand. phys. and math. sci. diss.]. Obninsk, 2004.
3. Golovko Yu.E., Ivanova T.T., Nikolaev M.N. et al. Soglasovannyy nabor kriticheskikh eksperimentov dlya verifikatsii neytronnykh konstant urana-235 [Agreed set of critical experiments for the verification of neutron constants of uranium-235]. Voprosy atomnoy nauki i tekhniki. Seriya:Yadernye konstanty - Problems of atomic science and technology. Series: Nuclear Constants, 2007, no. 1–2, pp. 110–125.
4. Nikolaev M.N., Ryazanov B.G. O korrektsii secheniy po dannym integral'nykh eksperimentov dannykh [Correction of cross-sections from data of integral data experiments]. Voprosy atomnoy nauki i tekhniki. Seriya:Yadernye konstanty - Problems of atomic science and technology. Series: Nuclear Constants, 1974, no. 17, pp. 21.
5. Golovko Yu.E. Primenenie metoda neopredelennykh mnozhiteley Lagranzha v analize na neprotivorechivost' eksperimentov s vysokoobogashchennym uranom [The application of Lagrange's uncertain multiplier method in the analysis of the consistency of experiments with highly enriched uranium]. Izvestiya vuzov. Yadernaya energetika - Proseedings of Universities. Nuclear Power Engineering, 2012, no. 3, pp. 5-17.
6. Golovko Yu.E. Orientirovannaya biblioteka kriticheskikh eksperimentov dlya povysheniya tochnosti raschetnogo predskazaniya parametrov yadernoy bezopasnosti. Diss. cand. tech. nauk [Oriented library of critical experiments to improve the accuracy of the predictive prediction of nuclear safety parameters. Cand. tech. sci. diss.]. Podolsk, 2016.
7. Blyskavka A.A., Manturov G.N., Nikolaev M.N., Tsibulya A.M. Programmnyy kompleks CONSYST//MMKKENO dlya rascheta yadernykh reaktorov metodom Monte-Karlo v mnogogruppovom priblizhenii s indikatrisami rasseyaniya v Pn–priblizhenii [CONSYST//MMKKENO software for calculating nuclear reactors by the Monte Carlo method in the multigroup approximation with scattering indicatrices in the Pn approximation]. Preprint FEI-2887 - Preprint IPPE-2887. Obninsk, 2001.
8. Manturov G.N., Nikolaev M.N., Tsiboulia A.M. BNAB-93 Group Data Library. Part 1: Nuclear Data for Calculation of Neutron and Photon Radiation Fields//INDC (CCP)-409/L, IAEA, pp. 65-110 (1997).
9. Golovko Y.E., Koscheev V.N., Lomakov G.B., Manturov G.N., Rozhikhin E.V., Semenov M.Yu., Tsiboulya A.M., Yakunin A.A. Verification of current version of ABBN constants and CONSYST code in calculation of criticality benchmarks. Proc. Int. Conf. Nuclear Data (ND-2013). New York, USA, 2013.
10. Zabrodskaya S.V., Ignatyuk A.V., Koshcheev V.N., Manokhin V.N., Nikolaev M.N., Pronyaev V.G. ROSFOND – rossiyskaya natsional'naya biblioteka otsenennykh neytronnykh dannykh [ROSFOND – Russian National Library of Evaluated Neutron Data]. Voprosy atomnoy nauki i tekhniki. Seriya:Yadernye konstanty - Problems of atomic science and technology. Series: Nuclear Constants, 2007, no. 1-2, pp. 3-21.