Authors & Affiliations
Kriachko M.V., Khokhlov G.N., Tsikunov A.G.
A.I. Leypunsky Institute for Physics and Power Engineering, Obninsk, Russia
Khokhlov G.N. – Senior Researcher, A.I. Leypunsky Institute for Physics and Power Engineering.
Tsikunov A.G. – Leading Research, A.I. Leypunsky Institute for Physics and Power Engineering.
The software tool SKIF is an improved version of the CARE isotopic composition calculation code extended from the point of view of both the calculated functionals and the simulated chains of nuclear transformations and neutron cross-section libraries used in the calculation.
The SKIF program contains a special module for preparing libraries of simulated chains of nuclear reactions based on a library of possible nuclear reactions on each of the original nuclei. A distinctive feature of SKIF is the ability to track the history of accumulation of nuclides along each of the chains leading to the formation of this nuclide.
The module for converting neutron cross-section libraries from the format of the BNAB into the own format of the SKIF program has been developed for the program.
In addition, a lot of work has been done to port the program to a newer technology platform and to develop a convenient graphical interface for calculation control and results analysis.
Tools for editing and graphical visualization of the built-in and external libraries of neutron reaction cross-sections were developed during the modernization of the SKIF program.
Currently, work is underway to provide the program with modern libraries of decay data, yields of fission products and gamma-quantum yields.
Description of SKIF software and cross-verification results are presented in this paper.
isotopic kinetics, Bateman equations, nuclear fuel cycle, irradiated fuel
1. Kochetkov A.L. Programma CARE – raschet izotopnoy kinetiki, radiatsionnykh i ekologicheskikh kharakteristik yadernogo topliva pri ego obluchenii i vyderzhke. [The CARE program – calculation of the isotope kinetics, radiation and ecological characteristics of nuclear fuel when it is irradiated and aged]. Preprint FEI-2431 – Preprint IPPE-2431. Obninsk, 1995.
2. Roussin R.W. et al. VITAMIN-C: The CTR Processed Multigroup Cross-Section Library for Neutronics Studies. ORNL/RSIC-37, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, TN, 1980.
3. Manturov G.N., Nikolaev M.N., Tsibulya A.M. Programma podgotovki konstant CONSYST. Opisanie primeneniya. [CONSYST – the Program for the Constants Preparation. Description of the Application]. Preprint FEI-2828 – Preprint IPPE-2828. Obninsk, 2000.
4. Golashvili T.V., Chechev V.P., Lbov A.A., Kupriyanov V.M., Demidov A.P. Spravochnik nuklidov-2. [Reference book of nuclides-2]. Moscow, TSNIIATOMINFORM Publ., 2002.
5. Gusev N.G., Dmitriev P.P. Radioaktivnye tsepochki. Spravochnik [Radioactive Chains. Reference book]. Moscow, Atomizdat Publ., 1978.
6. Skhemy raspada radionuklidov. Energiya i intensivnost' izlucheniya. [Schemes of Radionuclides Decay. Energy and Intensity of Radiation]. Publication 38 ICRP in book 2. Moscow, Energoatomizdat Publ., 1987. 432 p.
7. Agda Artna-Cohen. Nuclear Data Sheets for A=235. Nuclear Data Sheets, 1971, vol. 6, pp. 287-318.
8. Sublet J.C., Kopecky J., Forrest R.A. The European activation file: EAF-97 cross section library. Abingdon, UKAEA-FUS-351, 1997. 108 p.
9. Sublet J.-Ch., Packer L.W., Kopecky J., Forrest R.A., Koning A.J., Rochman D.A. The European activation file: EAF-2010 neutron-included cross-section library. Available at: http://www.ccfe.ac.uk/easy-data/eaf2010/Docs/EAF_n_Cross_sections_2010.pdf. (accessed 29.08.2017).
10. Manturov G.N., Nikolaev M.N., Tsibulya A.M. Sistema gruppovykh konstant BNAB-93. Chast' 1: Yadernye konstanty dlya rascheta neytronnykh i fotonnykh poley izlucheniy. [System of Group Constants BNAB-93. Part 1: Nuclear Constants for the Calculation of Neutron and Photon Radiation Fields]. Voprosy atomnoy nauki i tekhniki. Seriya: Yadernye konstanty – Problems of Atomic Science and Technology. Series: Nuclear Constants, 1996, no. 1, p. 59.
11. Koshcheev V.N., Manturov G.N., Nikolaev M.N., Tsibulya A.M. Biblioteka gruppovykh konstant BNAB-RF dlya raschetov reaktorov i zashchity [Library of Group Constants BNAB-RF for Reactor Calculations and Protection]. Izvestia Vysshikh Uchebnykh Zawedeniy. Yadernaya Energetika - Proseedings of Universities. Nuclear Power Engineering, 2014, no. 3, pp. 93-101.
12. The JEF-2.2 Nuclear Data Library. NEA, JEFF Report 17. April 2000.
13. JAERI 1324. Data Book for Calculating Neutron Yields from (α,n) Reaction and Spontaneous Fission. 1992.
14. CEA. Centre d'etudes de Cadarache. Der/SPRC/LEDC/BAT 212. Cadarache, le 27/9/94, FAX.
15. Hermann O.W., Westfall R.M. ORIGEN-S: SCALE System Module to Calculate Fuel Depletion, Actinide Transmutation, Fission Product Buildup and Decay, and Associated Radiation Source Terms. NUREG/CR-0200 Revision 6 Volume 2, Section F7 ORNL/NUREG/CSD-2/V2/R6.