Authors & Affiliations
Vilensky O.Yu., Lapshin D.A., Ryabtsov A.V.
Afrikantov Experimental Design Bureau for Mechanical Engineering, Nizhny Novgorod, Russia
Vilensky O.Yu. – Head of Department, Cand. Sci. (Tech.), Afrikantov Experimental Design Bureau for Mechanical Engineering.
Lapshin D.A. – Head of Design Group, Cand. Sci.(Tech.), Afrikantov Experimental Design Bureau for Mechanical Engineering. Contacts: 15, Burnakovsky proezd, Nizhny Novgorod, Russia, 603074. Tel.: +7(831) 246-97-21, e-mail:
Ryabtsov A.V. – Deputy Head of Department, Afrikantov Experimental Design Bureau for Mechanical Engineering.
The paper presents the core results of strain process analysis and consequence assessment of FSA drop during its handling at BN-800 RP.
The drop scenario is identified. The computational analysis of the drop is performed using dynamic analysis module LS-DYNA of certified program package ANSYS. The LS-DYNA module is intended for computational analysis of highly linear dynamic processes using explicit scheme of dynamic equation integration.
The calculation employs a simplified elastic plastic model of material with linear isotropic hardening (from ending of the elastic strain corresponding with yield strength stresses to failure strain corresponding with ultimate strength stresses) that conservatively assesses plastic strain level.
Mathematical analysis is performed using the verified finite element model of FSA. Comparison of the analysis results with full-scale experiment demonstrated a good convergence.
The obtained results made it possible to identify plastic strains in all FSA components as well as overloads occurred due to mutual collision with rigid foundation.
The assessment of FSA drop consequences made it possible to conclude about integrity of the developed structure and its potential for further operation.
Application of the comprehensive approach implemented to carry out that computational analysis made it possible to moderately conservatively solve the problem relating to safe RP operation accompanied by equipment drop.
FSA, dynamic processes, plastic strain, verification, assessment of drop process consequences, safe operation
1. ANSYS software package. Software tool certificate No.327 dated April 18, 2013.
2. Normy rascheta na prochnost' oborudovaniya i truboprovodov atomnykh energeticheskikh ustanovok. PNAE G-7-002-86 [Rules of strength calculation for equipment and pipelines of nuclear power plants. PNAE G-7-002-86]. ?oscow, Energoatomizdat Publ., 1989.
3. Spravochnik po svoystvam materialov dlya perspektivnykh reaktornykh tekhnologiy [Handbook of material properties for advanced reactor technologies]. Moscow, IzdAT Publ., 2014.
4. Vremennye rukovodyashchie materialy po ispol'zovaniyu dannykh po svoystvam konstruktsionnykh materialov i SNUP topliva dlya obosnovaniya rabotosposobnosti eksperimental'nykh tvelov ETVS reaktora BN-600 [Provisional guiding materials on usage of structural material property and MNUP fuel property data to validate operability of experimental fuel rods in EFSAs for BN-600 reactor]. The State Atomic Energy Corporation ROSATOM, 2-nd rev., Moscow, 2014.
5. TU 14-1-3820 "Zagotovka trubnaya iz korrozionnostoykoy stali marki 12Kh12M1BFR-Sh (EP-450-Sh)" [TU 14-1-3820 Pipe billet made of corrosion-resistant steel 12Kh12M1BFR-Sh (EP-450-Sh)].
6. Nadai A. Plastichnost' i razrushenie tverdykh tel [Plasticity and distraction of solid bodies]. Moscow, Publishing house of foreign literature Publ., 1954.
7. Lapshin D.A. Raschetno-eksperimental'nyy analiz prochnosti vnutriob"ektovykh trans-portnykh konteynerov reaktorov tipa BN v avariyakh s padeniem. Diss. kand. tekhn. nauk [Calculational and experimental strength analysis of on-site transfer casks for BN reactors in drop accidents. Cand. Sci. (Tech.) diss]. Nizhny Novgorod, 2015.