Authors & Affiliations
Artemov V.G., Kuznetsov A.N.
Alexandrov Research Institute of Technoloqy, Sosnovy Bor, Russia
Kuznetsov A.N. – Head of the Group, Senior Researcher, Alexandrov Research Institute of Technoloqy.
The SAPFIR_95&RC_VVER program package uses two calculation methods of pin-to-pin energy distribution– micro and macro flux superposition method and combined "fine-grid" method (FGM), where computation grid spacing in the reactor core scheme is the same as fuel element spacing in the fuel rod assembly. The combined fine grid method consists of several steps. At the preparation step, the binary archives with records of the pin-by-pin distributions of fuel temperature of fuel and coolant density, burn-up distributions are formed. These archives are based on the superposition method and used as input parameters at the step of pin-to-pin energy distribution computation by the combined fine-grid method. One of the verification steps for FGM computational model is the verification of PS SAPFIR_95&RC_VVER program package using the experimental data obtained during the operation of the actual power units. This paper explains the preparation scheme for the computational model of fine-grid calculation of energy distribution and burn-up, which is implemented in the SAPFIR_95&RC_VVER program package. As an example, the results of burn-up simulation of VVER-1000 loading. The simulation results for energy distribution and critical boric acid concentration are compared to the measurement results gained during the power unit operation.
SAPFIR_95&RC_VVER program package, pin-to-pin energy release, pin-to-pin burn-up, “fine-grid”computation
Article Text (PDF, in Russian)
1. Artemov V.G., Artemova L.M., Elshin A.V., Ivanov A.S., Karpov A.S., Piskarev A.V., Sergeev V.K., Shemaev Yu.P. Sozdanie kompleksa programm dlya rascheta neytronno-fizicheskikh kharakteristik reaktorov tipa VVER [Creation of a complex of programs for calculating neutron-physical characteristics of VVER-type reactors]. Tekhnologiya i sistemy obespecheniya zhiznennogo tsikla yadernykh ustanovok - Technology and systems for ensuring the life cycle of nuclear installations, 2007, no. 5, pp. 20-34.
2. Artemov V.G., Ivanov A.S., Kuznetsov A.N., Shemaev Yu.P. Kombinirovannyy metod rascheta potvel'nogo energovydeleniya v komplekse programm SAPFIR_95&RC_VVER [Combined method for calculating the potential energy release in the SAPPHIRE_95 & RC_VVER program complex]. Voprosy Atomnoy Nauki i Tekhniki. Seriya: Yaderno-reaktornye konstanty - Problems of Atomic Science and Technology. Series: Nuclear and Reactor Constans, 2014, no. 3, pp. 85–89.
3. SAPPHIRE_95&RC_VVER. Certification passport-388, 16.12.2015.
4. Artemov V.G., Artemova L.M., Kuznetsov A.N., Miheev P.A. Programmnye sredstva dlya podgotovki raschetnykh modeley i analiza poluchennykh rezul'tatov raschetov potvel'nogo energovydeleniya v komplekse programm SAPFIR_95&RC_VVER [Software for the preparation of calculation models and analysis of the results of calculations of the energy release in the complex of SAPPHIRE_95 & RC_VVER programs]. Trudy 10 mezhdunarodnoy nauchno-tekhnicheskoy konferentsii "Obespechenie bezopasnosti AES s VVER" [Proc. 10th Int. Sci. Tech. Conf. "Ensuring the Safety of Nuclear Power Plants with WWER"]. Podol'sk, 2017. Available at: http://www.gidropress.podolsk.ru/files/proceedings/mntk2017/documents/mntk2017-092.pdf (accessed 20.10.2017).
5. SAPFIR_95.1. Certification passport-390, 16.12.2015.
Problems of Atomic Science and Technology. Series: Nuclear and Reactor Constants, 2018, issue 1, 1:4