Authors & Affiliations
Kriachko M.V.1, Zabrodskaia S.V.1, Semenov M.Yu.1, Khomyakov Yu.S.2
1 A.I. Leypunsky Institute for Physics and Power Engineering, Obninsk, Russia
2 ROSATOMS’s "Innovation and technology center for the "PRORYV" project", Moscow, Russia
Zabrodskaia S.V. – Head of Laboratory, Cand. Sci. (Phys.-Math.), A.I. Leypunsky Institute for Physics and Power Engineering.
Semenov M.Yu. – Leading Researcher, Cand. Sci. (Phys.-Math.), A.I. Leypunsky Institute for Physics and Power Engineering.
Khomyakov Yu.S. – Head of the Department of Scientific Leader of Research and Development, Dr. Sci. (Phys. Math.), ROSATOMS’s "Innovation and technology center for the "PRORYV" project".
One of the most important tasks in the design, operation of nuclear power plants and fuel cycle facilities is the justification of radiation safety at various stages of fuel handling.
In the practice of R&D related to the fuel cycle of nuclear reactors, there is often a need for a multitude of calculations of the isotopic composition of fuel assemblies irradiated in different parts of the reactor core. In this case, it is often important to take into account the influence of the axial distribution of the neutron flux on the isotopic composition of SNF, that is, it is necessary to divide each fuel assembly into calculated areas along its axis. All this can significantly increase the number of calculation options that need to be carried out.
Also, for the purposes of cross-verification, it becomes necessary to calculate these variants for various isotopic kinetics programs. All this leads to the need to prepare a large number of computational tasks for isotopic kinetics programs associated with neutron-physical calculations, which, firstly, is a very laborious task, and secondly increases the probability of errors.
The FURCAN software complex is developed at the IPPE and is intended for calculations of the isotope composition and radiation characteristics of fresh and irradiated nuclear fuel. The purpose of creating a software package is to optimize the calculation of isotope kinetics during irradiation and exposure to fuel.
This paper presents the description and structure of the FURCAN software package, and presents the results of calculations of the isotopic composition of fuel samples irradiated in BN-350.
software package, isotopic composition calculation, nuclear fuel cycle, irradiated fuel
1. Peregudov A.A., Teplukhina E.S., Tsibulya A.M. Metodika otsenki konstantnykh i tekhnologicheskikh pogreshnostey pri raschete neytronno-fizicheskikh kharakteristik bystrykh reaktorov [Method for estimating constant and technological errors in the calculation of neutron-physical characteristics of fast reactors]. Trudy nauchno-tekhnicheskoy konferentsii "Neytronno-fizicheskie problemy atomnoy energetiki, Neytronika-2011" [Proc. Sci. Tech. Conf. "Neutron-physical problems of nuclear energy, Neutronics-2011"]. Obninsk, 2011.
2. Kochetkov A.L. Programma CARE – raschet izotopnoy kinetiki, radiatsionnykh i ekologicheskikh kharakteristik yadernogo topliva pri ego obluchenii i vyderzhke [The CARE program is the calculation of the isotope kinetics, radiation and ecological characteristics of nuclear fuel when it is irradiated and aged]. Preprint FEI-2431 - Preprint IPPE-2431. Obninsk, 1995.
3. Nikolaev M.N., Zherdev G.M. Annotatsiya vychislitel'noy sistemy SKALA [Abstract of the computing system SKALA]. Obninsk, PPEI Publ., 2009. 14 p.
4. Seregin A.S., Kislitsina T.S., Tsibulya A.M. Annotatsiya kompleksa programm TRIGEX.04 [Abstract of the TRIGEX.04 program complex]. Preprint FEI-2846 - Preprint IPPE-2846. Obninsk, 2000.
5. Kryachko M.V., Khokhlov G.N., Tsikunov A.G. SKIF – programma rascheta radiatsionnykh kharakteristik yadernogo topliva [SKIF – computer code for nuclear fuel radiation characteristics calculation]. Voprosy Atomnoy Nauki i Tekhniki. Seriya: Yaderno-reaktornye konstanty - Problems of Atomic Science and Technology. Series: Nuclear and Reactor Constans, 2017, no. 3, pp. 65-79.
6. Hermann O.W., Westfall R.M. ORIGEN-S: SCALE System Module to Calculate Fuel Depletion, Actinide Transmutation, Fission Product Buildup and Decay, and Associated Radiation Source Terms. NUREG/CR-0200 Revision 6 Volume 2, Section F7 ORNL/NUREG/CSD-2/V2/R6.
7. Rearden B.T., Jessee M.A. SCALE Code System. ORNL/TM-2005/39 Version 6.2.
8. Manturov G.N., Nikolaev M.N., Tsibulya A.M. Sistema gruppovykh konstant BNAB-93. Chast' 1: Yadernye konstanty dlya rascheta neytronnykh i fotonnykh poley izlucheniy [BNAB-93 group data library. Part 1: nuclear data for the calculation of neutron and photon radiation fields]. Voprosy atomnoy nauki i tekhniki. Seriya: Yadernye konstanty - Problems of atomic science and technology. Series: Nuclear Constants, 1996, no. 1, pp. 59-98.
9. Chadwick M.B. et al. ENDF/B-VII.1 Nuclear Data for Science and Technology: Cross Sections, Covariances, Fission Product Yields and Decay Data. Nuclear Data Sheets, 2011, vol. 112, pp. 2887-2996.
10. Koshcheev V.N., Manturov G.N., Nikolaev M.N., Tsibulya A.M. Biblioteka gruppovykh konstant BNAB-RF dlya raschetov reaktorov i zashchity [Libraries of group constants BNAB-RF for reactor calculations and protection]. Izvestiya vuzov. Yadernaya energetika - Proseedings of Universities. Nuclear Power Engineering, 2014, no. 3, pp. 93-101.
11. The JEF-2.2 Nuclear Data Library. NEA, JEFF Report 17. April 2000.
12. ENDF/B-VII.1 Evaluated Nuclear Data Library. Available at: http://www.nndc.bnl.gov/endf/b7.1/ (accessed 16.10.2017).