Authors & Affiliations
Andreev S.A., Gabbasov D.M., Zatsepin O.V., Namakonov V.V., Sokolov Yu.A., Khatuntsev K.E., Khmelnitsky D.V.
Russian Federal Nuclear Center – Zababakhin All-Russia Research Institute of Technical Physics, Snezhinsk, Russia
Andreev S.A. – Head of Department, Cand. Sci. (Phys.-Math.), Russian Federal Nuclear Center – Zababakhin All-Russia Research Institute of Technical Physics.
Gabbasov D.M. – Engineer-researcher, Russian Federal Nuclear Center – Zababakhin All-Russia Research Institute of Technical Physics.
Zatsepin O.V. – Head of Department, Cand. Sci. (Phys.-Math.), Russian Federal Nuclear Center – Zababakhin All-Russia Research Institute of Technical Physics.
Sokolov Yu.A. – Leading Researcher, Cand. Sci. (Phys.-Math.), Russian Federal Nuclear Center – Zababakhin All-Russia Research Institute of Technical Physics.
Khatuntsev K.E. – Researcher, Russian Federal Nuclear Center – Zababakhin All-Russia Research Institute of Technical Physics.
Khmelnitsky D.V. – Deputy Head of the Department - Head of the Theoretical Laboratory, Cand. Sci. (Phys.-Math.), associate professor, Russian Federal Nuclear Center – Zababakhin All-Russia Research Institute of Technical Physics.
Constants of gamma-formation that exist in available libraries of evaluated nuclear data are to be refined. In order to check these constants quality, and where applicable to correct them, it is necessary to conduct corresponding integral experiments. The work presents the results of new integral experiments on measuring spectra and yield of secondary neutrons and gamma-radiation from the samples under the impact of 14 MeV-neutrons for the following materials: V, Al, CH2, Cu, Sn, 238U, Fe, Ti, Mg and Be. Investigated samples of natural isotopic composition were spheres or discs with wall thickness 50 mm, which were located at a distance 50 mm from the center of titan-tritium target. Neutrons with energy 14 MeV were formed in reaction 3H(d,n)4He.
Experiments were performed on neutron generator NG-12I in pulse-periodic regime: pulse duration was 20 n/s, repetitions frequency was 200 kHz, mean neutron yield was ~2·108 s-1. For detector, scintillation detector was used with stilbene crystal. Measurements were made for time-of-flight neutron spectra (resolution was 2 ns/m) in the range of energy 0.6…14 MeV and apparatus spectra of gamma-radiation were in the range 0.2…10 MeV.
Mathematical models of experiments were built, and using Monte-Carlo method and PRIZMA code, numerical modeling was performed, which included modeling a process of radiation registration in a detector.
Comparison was made of computation and experimental spectra of neutrons and gamma radiation.
constants of gamma-formation, generator of 14 MeV-neutrons, time-of-flight neutron spectra, apparatus spectrum of gamma-quanta
1. International Handbook of Evaluated Criticality Safety Benchmark Experiments. Nuclear Energy Agency. Nuclear Science Committee. (NEA/NSC/DOC (95)03/II), September 2009.
2. Collection of experimental data for fusion neutronics benchmark. JAERI-M 94-014. February 1994.
3. Kir'yanov G.I. Generatory bystrykh neytronov [Fast neutron generators]. Moscow, Atomizdat Publ., 1990. 224 p.
4. Voronin G.G., Morozov A.V., Mokichev G.V. et al. Sovremennoe sostoyanie i perspektivy razvitiya generatora neytronov NG-12I dlya neytronnoy terapii i prikladnykh issledovaniy [Current state and prospects for the development of neutron generator NG-12I for neutron therapy and applied research]. Atomnaya energiya - Atomic Energy, 2003, vol. 94, no. 2, pp. 166-171.
5. Abramov A.I., Kazanskiy Yu.A., Matusevich E.S. Osnovy eksperimental'nykh metodov yadernoy fiziki [Fundamentals of experimental methods of nuclear physics]. Moscow, Energoatomizdat Publ., 1985. 488 p.
6. Katalog 2006 Moskovskoe predstavitel'stvo Pribori Oy ofitsial'nyy predstavitel' ORTEC [Catalog 2006 Moscow office Pribori Oy official representative of ORTEC]. Available at: www.pribori.com (accessed 02.09.2017).
7. Kukhtevich V.I., Trykov O.A., Trykov L.A. Odnokristal'nyy stsintillyatsionnyy spektrometr [Single-crystal scintillation spectrometer]. Moscow, Atomizdat Publ., 1971. 119 p.
8. Kandiev Ya.Z., Kuropatenko E.S., Lifanova I.V., Orlov A.I., Plokhoy V.V., Shmakov V.M. Raschet metodom Monte-Karlo vzaimodeystviya chastits s veshchestvom v programmnom komplekse PRIZMA [Calculation of the interaction of particles with matter by the Monte Carlo method in the PRISMA program complex]. Trudy III Vsesoyuznoy nauchnoy konferentsii po zashchite ot ioniziruyushchikh izlucheniy yaderno-tekhnicheskikh ustanovok [Proc. III All-Union Sci. Conf. on Protection from Ionizing Radiation of Nuclear Technical Installations]. Tbilisi, 1981.
9. Demidov A.M., Govorov L.I., Cherepantsev Yu.K., Akhmed M.R. et al. Atlas spektrov gamma-izlucheniya ot neuprugogo rasseyaniya bystrykh neytronov reaktora [Atlas of gamma-ray spectra from inelastic scattering of fast reactor neutrons]. Moscow, Atomizdat Publ., 1978. 328 p.