Authors & Affiliations
Shlepkin A.S., Morozov A.V.
A.I. Leypunsky Institute for Physics and Power Engineering, Obninsk, Russia
Morozov A.V. – Leading Researcher, Dr. Sci. (Tech.), A.I. Leypunsky Institute for Physics and Power Engineering.
This article concludes with a series of papers devoted to the effects of non-condensible gases on the condensation processes of steam occurring in the VVER-1200 steam generator operating in the condensation mode in the event of an accident with a rupture of the main circulation pipeline.
These issues are of great practical importance, related to the justification of the capacity of the passive heat removal system – in spite of the use of air heat exchangers in SPOT that allow the system to divert practically unlimited heat, the time of the passive heat removal system is not infinite and is limited a decrease in the capacity of the steam generator in the condensation mode caused by the accumulation in the PG tube bundle of non-condensing gases coming from the reactor and covessels of the system of hydraulic capacitances of the first level.
The article presents the results of processing data obtained in the course of experimental studies at the stand "GE2M-PG", built in IPPE.
To study the processes of heat transfer in experiments, the temperature difference between the first and second contours was studied. During the analysis of experimental data it was found out that the value of the temperature head between the contours is affected not only by the mass of the gases accumulated in the tube of the steam generator, but also by the rate of their accumulation.
Also, it turned out that the "positive feedback" between the steam generator and the heat exchanger of the passive heat removal system (SPOT) has a significant positive effect on the efficiency of steam condensation, consisting in the following. As a result of the accumulation of non-condensable gases in the tube bundle, the heat transfer coefficient decreases, thereby causing a reduction in steam flow into the steam generator tube, which leads to a decrease in the heat flux from the first to the second circuit. For this reason, the temperature of the second circuit is reduced (due to the operation of the SPOT), thereby increasing the temperature difference between the media of the first and second circuits of the reactor installation. This leads to an increase in the flow rate of steam entering the steam generator from the reactor.
In addition, three semi-empirical formulas were obtained, which allow calculating the changes in power, the temperature difference between the circuits and the heat transfer coefficient for the steam generator model in the investigated range of concentrations of non-condensible gases in the vapor. The maximum deviation of the values obtained by the calculated and experimental method does not exceed 20%.
VVER, steam generator, condensing modes, non-condensing gases, gas-vapor mixture
1. Kopytov I.I. Proekt "AES-2006" – osnova federal'noy tselevoy programmy "Razvitie atomnogo energopromyshlennogo kompleksa Rossii na 2007-2010 gody i na perspektivu do 2015 goda" ["NPP-2006" project – the basis of the federal target program "Development of the nuclear power industry of Russia in 2007-2010 and goals for the future up to 2015"]. Trudy 2th mezhdunarodnoy nauchno-tekhnicheskoy konferentsii "Bezopasnost', effektivnost' i ekonomika atomnoy energetiki" [Proc. 2th Int. Sci. Tech. Conf. "Safety, Efficiency and Economics of Nuclear Power Industry"]. Moscow, 2008, pp 60-65.
2. Kopytov I.I., Kalyakin S.G., Berkovich V.M., Morozov A.V., Remizov O.V. Experimental investigation of non-condensable gases effect on Novovoronezh NPP-2 steam generator condensation power under the condition of passive safety systems operation. Proc. 17th Int. Conf. on Nuclear Engineering, ICONE17. Brussels, 2009, pp. 735–743.
3. Kalyakin S.G., Sorokin A.P., Pivovarov V.A., Pometko R.S., Selivanov Y.U. Morozov A.V., Remizov O.V. Eksperimental'nye issledovaniya teplofizicheskikh protsessov v obosnovanie bezopasnosti VVER novogo pokoleniya [Experimental research of thermal physical processes for the safety substantiation of new generation VVER]. Atomnaya energiya - Atomic Energy, 2014, vol. 116, no. 4, pp. 241-246.
4. Remizov O.V., Morozov A.V., Tsiganok A.A. Teploperedacha mezhdu kondensiruyushchimsya parom i kipyashchey vodoy v mnogoryadnom gorizontal'nom trubnom puchke pri estestvennoy konvektsii [Heat transfer between the condensing steam and boiling water in a multiple-row horizontal tube bundle with natural convection]. Izvestiya Akademii Nauk. Energetika - Proceedings of the Russian Academy of Sciences. Power Engineering, 2010, no. 2, pp. 152-158.
5. Efanov A.D., Kalyakin S.G., Morozov A.V., Remizov O.V., Tsyganok A.A., Generalov V.N., Berkovich V.M., Taranov G.S. Experimental investigation of non-condensable gases effect on operation of VVER steam generator in condensation mode. Proc. Int. Congress on Advances in Nuclear Power Plants 2008, ICAPP 2008. Anaheim, CA, 2008, pp. 102-109.
6. Morozov A.V., Remizov O.V. Sovremennye razrabotki sistem passivnogo otvoda tepla vodookhlazhdaemykh reaktorov [Modern development of passive heat removal systems of water-cooled reactors]. Voprosy atomnoy nauki i tekhniki. Seriya: Fizika yadernykh reaktorov - Problems of atomic science and technology. Series: Physics of Nuclear Reactors, 2013, no. 2, pp. 61-78.
7. Morozov A.V., Remizov O.V., Tsyganok A.A. Non-condensable gases effect on steam condensation heat transfer in horizontal tube bundle. Transactions of the American Nuclear Society 2010 ANS Annual Meeting and Embedded Topical Meetings. San Diego, CA, USA, 2010, pp. 676–677.
8. Morozov A.V., Shlepkin A.S. Analiz vliyaniya rezhimnykh faktorov na rabotu modeli parogeneratora VVER v rezhime kondensatsii para [Analysis of the effect of operating factors on the operation of model of VVER steam generator in a mode of steam condensation]. Voprosy Atomnoy Nauki i Tekhniki. Seriya: Yaderno-reaktornye konstanty - Problems of Atomic Science and Technology. Series: Nuclear and Reactor Constans, 2016, no. 3, pp. 91-99.
9. Morozov A.V., Shlepkin A.S., Kalyakin S.G., Soshkina A.S. Eksperimental'noe issledovanie teplomassoobmennykh protsessov pri rabote parogeneratora VVER v avariynom kondensatsionnom rezhime [Experimental investigation of heat and mass exchange processes during operation of the VVER steam generator in emergency condensing mode]. Izvestiya vuzov. Yadernaya energetika - Proseedings of Universities. Nuclear Power Engineering, 2017, no. 1, pp. 29-41.
10. Morozov A.V., Shlepkin A.S., Kalyakin S.G., Soshkina A.S. Issledovanie raboty modeli parogeneratora VVER v kondensatsionnom rezhime pri razlichnykh parametrakh avariynogo protsessa [Investigation of the operation of the VVER steam generator model in the condensation mode for various parameters of the emergency process]. Teploenergetika - Thermal Engineering, 2017, no. 5, pp. 16–23.
11. Morozov A.V., Remizov O.V. Eksperimental'noe issledovanie raboty modeli parogeneratora VVER v kondensatsionnom rezhime [Experimental investigation of the operation of the VVER steam generator model in the condensation mode]. Teploenergetika - Thermal Engineering, 2012, no. 5, pp. 16-21.
12. Berkovich V.M., Peresadko V.G., Taranov G.S., Remizov O.V., Morozov A.V., Tsyganok A.A., Kalyakin D.S. Experimental study on Novovoronezh NPP-2 steam generator model condensation power in the event of the beyond design basis accident. Proc. Int. Congress on Advances in Nuclear Power Plants 2010, ICAPP 2010. San Diego, CA, 2010, pp. 186-192.
13. Grigoryev M.M., Plaeksev A.A., Podporina N.A. Moshnostnye harakteristiki sistemy passivnogo otvoda tepla AES s VVER-1000 v zavisimosti ot parametrov sredy v parogeneratore [Power characteristics of the passive heat removal system of nuclear power plants with VVER-1000 depending on the parameters of the medium in the steam generator]. Trudy 6 mezhdunarodnogo seminara po gorizontal'nym parogeneratoram [Proc. 6th Int. Workshop on horizontal steam generators]. Podolsk, 2006.
14. Luk'yanov A.A., Zajtsev A.A., Morozov A.V., Popova T.V., Remizov O.V., Tsyganok A.A., Kalyakin D.S. Raschetno-eksperimental'noe issledovanie vliyaniya nekondensiruyuschihsya gazov na rabotu modeli parogeneratora VVER v kondensacionnom rezhime pri zaproektnoj avarii [Numerical and experimental investigation of the effect of non-condensable gases on the VVER steam generator model operation in condensing mode during beyond design basis accident]. Izvestiya vuzov. Yadernaya energetika - Proseedings of Universities. Nuclear Power Engineering, 2010, no. 4. pp. 172-182.
15. Berkovich V.M., Taranov G.S., Kalyakin S.G., Remizov O.V., Morozov A.V. Razrabotka i obosnovanie tekhnologii udaleniya nekondensiruyuschikhsya gazov dlya obespecheniya rabotosposobnosti sistemy passivnogo otvoda tepla [The development and substantiation of technology of removal of non-condensable gases to ensure of the operation passive heat removal system]. Atomnaya energiya - Atomic Energy, 2006, vol. 100, no. 1, pp. 13-19.