Authors & Affiliations
Salaev S.V., Askhadullin R.Sh., Legkih A.Yu., Ivanov K.D., Lavrova O.V., Niyazov S.-A.S.
A.I. Leypunsky Institute for Physics and Power Engineering, Obninsk, Russia
Salaev S.V. – Main Specialist, A.I. Leypunsky Institute for Physics and Power Engineering.
Legkih A.Yu. – Leading Researcher, Cand. Sci. (Tech), A.I. Leypunsky Institute for Physics and Power Engineering.
Ivanov K.D. – Leading Researcher, Doct. Sci. (Tech), A.I. Leypunsky Institute for Physics and Power Engineering.
Lavrova O.V. – Leading Researcher, A.I. Leypunsky Institute for Physics and Power Engineering.
Niyazov S.-A.S. – Researcher, A.I. Leypunsky Institute for Physics and Power Engineering.
The feature of heavy liquid metal coolants (HLMC), which includes lead and lead-bismuth, is their corrosion activity relative to the structural materials. To ensure the corrosion protection of structural steels the method passivation of steels surfaces is recommended. It consists in creating a thin protective film based on the oxides of steel components, i.e. in the oxidation of the surface. Passivation results and properties of the protective film (thickness, composition, permeability for steel components and coolant components, as well as changes in its properties over time) depend on many factors. Identification and justification of the acceptable and optimal range of conditions to operate of steels in heavy liquid metal coolant is the most important task in the design and operation of reactors of the new generation.
In the article the description and results of experimental development of the exploratory procedure based on a new approach to the study of the kinetics of the structural steels oxidation in the HLMC is presented. The new approach is the operational measurement of the integral rate of oxidation of steel components.
dissolved oxygen, kinetics of oxidation, corrosion, structural steel, heavy liquid metal coolant, exploratory procedure, experiment
1. Gromov B.F., Yachmenev G.S., Rusanov A.E. Kislorodnoe ingibitirovanie konstrukcion-nyh materialov v rasplavah ehvtektiki svinec-vismut i svinca [The oxygen inhibition of the structural materials in melts of lead-bismuth eutectic and lead].Izvestiya vuzov. Yadernaya energetika - Proseedings of Universities. Nuclear Power Engineering, 1999, no. 4, pp. 89-96.
2. Askhadullin R.Sh., Martynov P.N., Rachkov V.I., Legkikh A.Yu., Storozhenko A.N., Ul’yanov V.V., Gulevskiy V.A. Kontrol’ i regulirovaniye kisloroda v tyazhelykh zhidkometallicheskikh tep-lonositelyakh dlya protivokorrozionnoy zashchity staley [Control and regulation of oxygen in heavy liquid metal coolants for corrosion protection of steels].Teplofizika vysokikh temperatur - High Temperature, 2016, vol. 54, no. 4, pp. 595-604.
3. Ivanov K.D., Lavrova O.V., Salaev S.V. Ispol'zovanie razrabotannoj metodiki ehkspe-rimental'noj ocenki diffuzionnogo vyhoda metallicheskih komponentov iz stalej dlya izucheniya korrozionnoj stojkosti ehtih stalej v tyazhelyh teplonositelyah [Using the developed technique of experimental evaluation of the metal components diffusion yield from steels to study the corrosion resistance of the steels in heavy coolants]. Trudy mezhotraslevoj tematicheskoj konferencii “Tekhnologicheskie aspekty bezopasnosti YAEHU s reaktorami na bystryh nejtronah” [Proc. Inter-sectoral thematic conference “Technological aspects of safety of nuclear power plants with fast neutron reactors”]. Obninsk, 2005, pp. 117-118.
4. Askhadullin R.Sh., Storozhenko A.N., Legkikh A.Yu. Metody regulirovaniya soderzhaniya kisloroda v TZHMT [Methods of controlling concentration of oxygen dissolved in HLMC]. Voprosy Atomnoy Nauki i Tekhniki. Seriya: Yaderno-reaktornye konstanty - Problems of Atomic Science and Technology. Series: Nuclear and Reactor Constans, 2017, special issue, pp. 32-43.
5. Simakov A.A., Askhadullin R.Sh., Legkih A.Yu. Tvyordofaznye okisliteli teplonosite-lej Pb-Bi i Pb dlya formirovaniya i sohraneniya protivokorrozionnyh plyonok na stalyakh [Solid-phase oxidizing agents of the lead-bismuth and lead coolants for the formation and maintenance of the protection films on steels]. Novye promyshlennye tekhnologii - New industrial technologies, 2011, no. 1, pp. 33-39.