Authors & Affiliations
Gulevich А.V., Decusar V.М., Klinov D.А., Chebeskov А.N.
A.I. Leypunsky Institute for Physics and Power Engineering, Obninsk, Russia
Gulevich А.V. – Director General Deputy — Director of the Department for Nuclear Reactors and Fuel Cycle, Dr. Sci. (Phys.-Math.), A.I. Leypunsky Institute for Physics and Power Engineering.
Decusar V.М. – Head of Laboratory, Cand. Sci. (Tehn.), A.I. Leypunsky Institute for Physics and Power Engineering.
Klinov D.А. – first Director General Deputy for science, Cand. Sci. (Phys.-Math.), A.I. Leypunsky Institute for Physics and Power Engineering.
The key competitive advantage of the Rosatom State Corporation on the world nuclear energy market is an integrated offer of a range of services, including construction, operation and maintenance of NPPs abroad for the entire life cycle up to 60 years, adopted for new projects with VVER-1200 reactors. In the long term, a significant expansion of the scale of international business is planned, which is reflected in the target indicators of Rosatom State Corporation and its organizations. Russia is a recognized world leader in the development of fast neutron reactors. To date, the technology of sodium fast reactors BN successfully demonstrated and entered the stage of commercialization. Russia is the only country in the world that has in its nuclear power structure operating BN 600 and BN 800 fast reactors. Technologies of fast reactors and closed nuclear fuel cycle, subject to their commercialization, may become one of the main export products of the Russian nuclear energy industry. Therefore, the leadership of the Rosatom State Corporation has set the task of developing the conditions for entering Russian NPPs with fast reactors the world nuclear energy markets.
nuclear power, thermal reactors vver, fast reactors bn, closed nuclear fuel cycle, export potential, nonproliferation of nuclear weapons, physical protection, enriched uranium, plutonium, spent nuclear fuel
1. Skhema territorial'nogo planirovaniya Rossiyskoy Federatsii v oblasti energetiki [Territorial planning of the Russian Federation in the field of energy]. Approved by the order of the Government of the Russian Federation of August 1, 2016, no. 1634-p.
2. Kirienko S.V. Kommercheskie primeneniya dlya AES reaktorov budushchego nachnetsya v 2030-kh godakh [Commercial applications for nuclear power plants of the future will begin in the 2030s]. Available at: http://oilu.com/news/517552/ (accessed 30.05.2016).
3. Kitay pristupil k sooruzheniyu bystrogo reaktora [China started building a fast reactor]. Available at: http://www.atominfo.ru/newsr/y0356.htm (accessed 13.12.2017).
4. Puthiyavinayagam P., Devan K., Aithal S.R., et.al. Advanced Design Features of MOX Fuelled Future Indian SFRs. Proc. Int. Conf. “Fast Reactors and Related Fuel Cycles (FR17)”. Yekaterinburg, 2017. Paper no. 300.
5. Avrorin E.N., Chebeskov A.N. Fast Reactors and Nuclear Nonproliferation. Proc. Int. Conf. on Fast Reactors and Related Fuel Cycles (FR13). Paris, France, 2013.
6. Smirnov V.S., Umanskiy A.A. Start bystrykh reaktorov na obogashchennom urane [Start of fast reactors on enriched uranium.]. Byulleten' po atomnoy energii - Bulletin of Atomic Energy, 2008, no. 8, pp. 26—31.
7. Kessler G. Proliferation-Proof Uranium/Plutonium Fuel Cycles. Safeguards and Non-Proliferation. KIT Scientific Publishing, 2011. 372 p. ISBN 978-3-86644-614-4.
8. Glava Rosatoma A. Likhachev na Ministerskoy konferentsii MAGATE nazval glavnye prioritety razvitiya mirovoy atomnoy energetiki [The head of Rosatom, A. Likhachev, at the IAEA Ministerial Conference, named the main priorities for the development of global nuclear energy]. Available at: https://rosatom.ru/journalist/news/glava-rosatoma-a-likhachyev-na-ministerskoy-konferentsii-magate-nazval-glavnye-prioritety-razvitiya-/ (accessed 30.11.2017).