Authors & Affiliations
A.I. Leypunsky Institute for Physics and Power Engineering, Obninsk, Russia
We consider methods for calculating the reactivity of a nuclear reactor from the measured dependence of the neutron flux in the reactor on time, based on the use of the inverse point kinetics equations, which relate the values of reactivity and neutron flux in the reactor.
The main attention is paid to the correction of the equations of inverse point kinetics in the prompt-jump approximation (or in the theory of singular perturbations for equations with a small parameter with the highest derivative).
The nonequivalence of the corresponding problems for the direct and inverse point kinetics equa-tions in the prompt-jump approximation is noted, which consists in the fact that, contrary to expecta-tions, the reactivity values appearing in these problems do not generally coincide with each other. The reasons for this non-equivalence are investigated and ways to eliminate it are considered.
New inverse point kinetics equations are proposed in the prompt-jump approximation, devoid of the indicated disadvantage of the traditional equations.
These equations are tested by substituting in them analytical solutions of the corresponding (direct) Cauchy problems for point kinetics equations using the apparatus of the theory of systems of ordinary differential equations, adapted to the problem in question.
It is shown that the use of the equations proposed in the work leads to the correct determination of reactivity immediately after the instantaneous introduction of a disturbance into the reactor, and not in asymptotics, as is usually the case when applying traditional equations.
methods for measuring reactivity of a nuclear reactor, direct and inverse problems of point neutron kinetics, prompt-jump approximation
1. Keepin D.R. Fizicheskie osnovy kinetiki yadernykh reaktorov [The physical basis of the kinetics of nuclear reactors]. Moscow, Atomizdat Publ., 1967.
2. Bell D., Glesston S. Teoriya yadernykh reaktorov [The theory of nuclear reactors]. Moscow, Atomizdat Publ., 1974.
3. Hetrick D.L. Dinamika yadernich reaktorov [Dynamics of Nuclear reactors]. Moscow, Atomizdat Publ., 1975.
4. Kazansky Yu.A., Matusevich E.S. Eksperimentalnie metody fiziki reactorov [Experimental methods of reactor physics]. Moscow, Energoatomizdat Publ., 1984.
5. Abramov B.D. Nekotorye voprosy klassifikatsii i ozenky pogreshnostey metoda ORUK opredelenja reactivnosty [Some questions of classification and estimation of errors of the method ORUK of reactivity determination]. Voprosy atomnoy nauki i tekhniki. Seriya: Fizika yadernykh reaktorov - Problems of atomic science and technology. Series: Physics of Nuclear Reactors, 2004, no. 3, pp. 3—13.
6. Abramov B.D. Matveev Yu.V. Vzaimosoglasovannoe opredelenie reaktivnosti i drugikh koeffitsientov tochechnoy modeli kinetiki, nailuchshikh dlya dannogo reaktora [Mutually agreed definition of reactivity and other coefficients of the point model of kinetics best for a given reactor]. Voprosy atomnoy nauki i tekhniki. Seriya: Fizika yadernykh reaktorov - Problems of atomic science and technology. Series: Physics of Nuclear Reactors, 2007, no. 1, pp. 29—35.
7. Zizin M.N. Podgotovka parametrov zapazdyvayuschih neytronov dlya prostranstvenno-vremennyh raschetov teplovyh i bystryh reaktorov [Preparation of delaуed neutron parameters for space-time calculations of thermal and fast reactors]. Atomnaya energiya - Atomic Energy, 2012, vol. 112, no. 6, pp. 355—359.
8. Popykin A.I., Kavun O.Yu., Shevchenko R.A., Shevchenko S.A. O raschetnom modelirovanii izmereniya reaktivnosti v reaktore VVER [On the computational modeling of the reactivity measurement in the VVER reactor]. Yadernaya fizika i inzhiniring - Nuclear Physics and Engineering, 2012, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 8—19.
9. Shchukin N.V., Cherezov A.L. Opredelenie dinamicheskikh kharakteristik yadernogo reaktora s ispol'zovaniem metoda spektral'noy proektsii [Determination of the dynamic characteristics of a nuclear reactor using the spectral projection method]. Yadernaya fizika i inzhiniring - Nuclear Physics and Engineering, 2012, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 20—27.
10. Seleznev E.F., Belov A.A., Matveenko I.P., Zhukov A.M., Raskach K.F. Kinetika reaktorov na bystrykh neytronakh [Kinetics of fast neutron reactors]. Yadernaya fizika i inzhiniring - Nuclear Physics and Engineering, 2012, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 28—40.
11. Abramov B.D. Razvitie mnogoparametricheskich metodov izmerenia reaktivnosti [Development of multiparameter methods for measuring reactivity]. Voprosy Atomnoy Nauki i Tekhniki. Seriya: Yaderno-reaktornye konstanty - Problems of Atomic Science and Technology. Series: Nuclear and Reactor Constans, 2017, vol. 3, pp. 32—52.
12. Abramov B.D. Aktualnie metody teorii perenosa neitronov I teorii jadernych reaktorov [Actual methods of the theory of neutron transport and the theory of nuclear reactors]. LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing RU, 2018.
UDC 519.6: 621.039.51