Authors & Affiliations
Uvakin M.A., Makhin I.V., Sotskov E.V.
Experimental and Design Organization "GIDROPRESS", Podolsk, Russia
Makhin I.V. – Chief Expert, Dr. Sci. (Tech.), head of group, Experimental and Design Organization "GIDROPRESS".
Sotskov E.V. – head of department, deputy head of division, Experimental and Design Organization "GIDROPRESS".
Work deals with RIA accidents safety assessment problem for VVER reactor, which is operating in normalized primary power grid frequency regulating regimes (FR). Frequency regulating regimes leads to turbine load variations and following continuously changing of main reactor facility parame-ters by feedbacks and regulators actions. Dynamic reactor conditions can be taking into account in safety assessment calculations and may needs in specialized methodical approach.
Considered dynamical method application performs by mathematical model for initial event and FR combination detection which is worst for safety. Model includes the full scope of calculation and theoretical reactor dynamics analysis during FR transient processes. Model approbation is given by some safety analysis examples such as RIA type accidents: control rod ejection, uncontrollable rod group withdrawal and control rod drop with space power distribution perturbation.
mathematical model, power grid frequency regulation, reactivity accidents, safety assessment, dynamical initial condition
1. STO 59012820.27.100.003-2012. Regulirovanie chastoty i peretokov aktivnoy moshchnosti v EES Rossii [Frequency control and active power flow in the UES of Russia]. Available at: https://so-ups.ru/fileadmin/files/laws/standards/sto_frequency_2012_izm_2014.pdf (accessed 15.09.2018).
2. STO 59012822.214.171.124.004-2013. Normy uchastiya energoblokov atomnykh elektrostantsiy v normirovannom pervichnom regulirovanii chastity [Norms of participation of nuclear power units in the normalized primary frequency regulation]. Available at: https://so-ups.ru/fileadmin/files/laws/standards/sto_npp_nprch_004_2013.pdf (data obrashcheniya 15.09.2018).
3. Non-baseload operation in nuclear power plants: load following and frequency control modes of flexible operation. IAEA, Nuclear Energy Series, No. NP-T-3.23.
4. Uvakin M.A., Makhin I.V., Sotskov E.V. Matematicheskaya model' dlya raschetnogo obosnova-niya bezopasnosti reaktornykh ustanovok VVER v rezhimakh s regulirovaniem chastoty energoseti [Mathematical model for the design safety justification of VVER reactors in modes with grid power control]. Trudy Mezhotraslevogo nauchno-tekhnicheskogo seminara “Modelirovanie dinamiki YaEU (razrabotka programmnykh sredstv, verifikatsiya, otsenka tochnosti rascheta)” [Proc. Interindustry Sci. and Techn. seminar "Modeling the dynamics of nuclear power plants (software development, verification, assessment of the accuracy of the calculation)"]. Sosnovy Bor, 2018.
5. Uvakin M.A., Demekhin A.P., Alekhin G.V., Bryukhin V.V., Ustinov A.N. Differential reactivity coefficients estimation method for VVER reactor by KORSAR/GP and TRAP-KS codes application. Proc. Symposium of AER. Helsinki, Finland, 2016.
6. Uvakin M.A., Demekhin A.P. Analiz koeffitsientov reaktivnosti reaktora VVER v rezhimakh normal'noy ekspluatatsii s izmeneniem vneshney nagruzki [Analysis of reactivity coefficients of a VVER reactor in normal operation modes with a change in external load]. Atomnaya energiya - Atomic Energy, 2017, vol. 123, no. 4, pp. 193—196.
7. Uvakin M.A., Boginsky A.P., Alekhin G.V., Bykov M.A. TRAP-KS Code Functionality Enhancement by Connection of Basic Regulators External Module. Topical meeting of AER Working Group D “VVER Safety Analysis” OECD/NEA WPRS Workshop week. Erlangen, Germany, 2017.
8. Petkevich I.G., Uvakin M.A. Primenenie programmy LINQUAD dlya analiza neopredelennostey raschetov rezhima s razryvom paroprovoda na ustanovke AES-2006 po kodu KORSAR/GP [The use of the LINQUAD program for analyzing the uncertainties of calculations of the regime with a rupture of the steam line at the NPP-2006 installation using the KORSAR/GP code]. Voprosy atomnoy nauki i tekhniki. Seriya: Fizika yadernykh reaktorov - Problems of atomic science and technology. Series: Physics of Nuclear Reactors, 2013, no. 2, pp. 51—60.