Authors & Affiliations
Chudinova V.A., Nikonov S.P.
National Research Nuclear University “MEPhI”, Moscow, Russia
Nikonov S.P. – Senior Scientist, Associate Professor, Cand. Sci. (Techn.), National Research Nuclear University “MEPhI”.
This paper presents the results of calculations on the heat-hydraulic model of a reactor with lead coolant, which is based on the design scheme for the ATHLET code, obtained on the basis of public information on the BREST-OD-300. In the model used in this work, firstly, the descending sections of each loop are interconnected by transverse hydraulic connections and, secondly, the in-reactor space from the lower pressure collector of the reactor to the upper distributing collector of the reactor is also divided into a system of parallel cross-linked channels. The model includes a reactor, four circuits with main circulation pumps, two sectional steam generators on each loop. The secondary loop for each steam generator has a feed pump. The article describes the method of obtaining the initial stationary state for the developed scheme and presents the results of the calculation of the transitional regime associated with the disconnection of one of the MCP with saving the reactor power. It is shown that in the emergency loop a reverse coolant current occurs when the MCP is disconnected. This leads to the fact that less coolant flow passes through the core.The cold coolant from the fourth loop is not fed to the entrance to the core, but is mixed in the upper distributing collector after the core.
reactor facility, lead, metal coolant, design model, nuclear power plant, ATHLET, thermal hydraulic calculations, transient processes, modeling
1. Lerchl G., Austregesilo H., Shoffel P., Von Der Cron D., Weyermann F. ATHLET Mod 3.0 Cycle A. User’s Manual, GRS. 2012.
2. Chudinova V.A., Nikonov S.P. Teplogidravlicheskaya model' reaktornoy ustanovki so svintsovym tep-lonositelem v kode ATHLET [Thermohydraulic model of the reactor with a lead coolant in the ATHLET code]. Trudy mezhdunarodnoy konferentsii molodykh spetsialistov, uchenykh i aspirantov po fizike yadernykh reaktorov “Volga-2018” [Proc. Int. Conf. of young specialists, scientists and postgrad-uate students in physics of nuclear reactors, “Volga-2018”]. Moscow, 2018.
3. Lemekhov V.V. Tekhnicheskiy proekt reaktornoy ustanovki BREST-OD-300 [Technical design of the reactor facility BREST-OD-300]. Project direction “PRORYV”: results of the implementation of a new technological platform for nuclear power. Moscow, 2015.
4. Austregesilo H., Bals C., Hora A. et al. ATHLET Mod 3.1 Cycle A - Models and Methods. GRS, 2016.
5. Busket D., Velkov K., Pasechnik I., Zobert A., Danicheva I.A., Khrennikov N.N., Samokhin A.G., Ivanov V.S., Klim S. azrabotka svyazannoy versii neytronno-fizicheskogo koda DYN3D i teplog-idravlicheskogo koda ATHLET 3.0 dlya analiza perekhodnykh protsessov v bystrykh reaktorakh s zhidkometallicheskim teplonositelem [Development of a related version of the neutron of the physical code DYN3D and the thermal-hydraulic code ATHLET 3.0 for the analysis of transients in fast reactors with a liquid metal coolant]. Voprosy Atomnoy Nauki i Tekhniki. Seriya: Yaderno-reaktornye konstanty - Problems of Atomic Science and Technology. Series: Nuclear and Reactor Constans, 2016, vol. 4, pp. 191—199.
6. Palazzo S., Velkov K., Lerchl G., Van Tichelen K. Analyses of the MYRRHA Spallation Loop with the System Code ATHLET. Annals of Nuclear Energy, 2013, vol. 60, pp. 274—286.
7. Hegyi G., Kereszturi A., Pataki I., Tota A., Velkov K., Pasichnyk I., Perin Y. Coupling the ATHLET 3.0 and the KIKO3DMG multigroup 3D kinetic code developed for the fast spectrum Gen-IV reactors. Proc. 23rd Int. Conf. Nuclear Energy for New Europe. Portoroz, Slovenia, 2014.