Authors & Affiliations
Nikolaev A.L., Uvakin M.A.
Experimental and Design Organization "GIDROPRESS", Podolsk, Russia
Nikolaev A.L. – Design engineer 3 categories, Experimental and Design Organization "GIDROPRESS". *Contacts: 21, Ordzhonikidze st., Podolsk, Moscow region, Russia, 142103. Tel.: +7 (964) 863-61-37; e-mail:
Uvakin M.A. – Leading Engineer-designer, Cand. Sci. (Phys.-Math.), Experimental and Design Organization "GIDROPRESS".
The verification of the method for acceleration the calculation of slow transition xenon processes based on the use of the similarity theorem were done in this paper. For this purpose experiments with spatial xenon oscillations were calculated by using this method. Two experiments were considered in this work: in the first experiment initiation of xenon oscillations was realized by injection of boron acid in primary circuit and following reactor plant power decreasing, in the second experiment initiation of xenon oscillations was realized by control rod group movement. The calculation results were compared with calculation results of analogical experiments without using calculation acceleration method and experimental data. Additionally calculations of daily maneuvering cycle with electrical power level changing on graph 100-70-100 % Nnom and using calculation acceleration method were performed. These calculations were done for AES-2006 project VVER reactor plant. The calculation results were compared with calculation results of analogical daily maneuvering cycle without using calculation acceleration method. Some conclusions on the possibility of using the calculation acceleration method for calculations of long-term xenon processes were made. The calculations were performed by using KORSAR/GP code.
VVER, power maneuvering, xenon processes, KORSAR/GP, verification, the calculation acceleration method
1. STO 59012820.27.100.003-2012. Regulirovanie chastoty i peretokov aktivnoy moshchnosti v EES Rossii [Control of frequency and active-power flows in Unified energy system of Russia]. Moscow, SO-UPS Publ., 2012.
2. Non-baseload operation in nuclear power plants: load following and frequency control modes of flexible operation. Vienna, Austria, IAEA Nuclear Energy Series, No. NP-T-3.23.
3. Nikolaev A.L., Uvakin M.A. Provedenie predtestovykh raschetov po PK KORSAR/GP dlya ispytaniy rezhimov raboty deystvuyushchego energobloka RU VVER v sutochnom grafike neseniya manevrennoy nagruzki [Prerequisite calculations for operating VVER unit test in daily maneuvering power load by KORSAR/GP programming code]. Trudy 11 Mezhdunarodnoy nauchno-tekhnicheskoy konferentsii “Obespechenie bezopasnosti AES s VVER” [Proc. 11th Int. Scie. and Techn. Conf. “Safety assurance of NPP with VVER”]. Podolsk, 2019.
4. Uvakin M.A., Makhin I.V., Nikolaev A.L., Sotskov E.V. Razrabotka metodiki raschetnogo obosnovaniya bezopasnosti ispytaniy dlya deystvuyushchego energobloka RU VVER v manevrennykh rezhimakh [Safety assessment calculation procedure for operating VVER unit in maneuvering regimes experiment]. Trudy 11 Mezhdunarodnoy nauchno-tekhnicheskoy konferentsii “Obespechenie bezopasnosti AES s VVER” [Proc. 11th Int. Scie. and Techn. Conf. “Safety assurance of NPP with VVER”]. Podolsk, 2019.
5. Uvakin M.A., Alekhin G.V., Bykov M.A., Zaitcev S.I. Verifikatsiya trekhmernoy modeli neytronnoy kinetiki koda TRAP-KS po rezul'tatam raschetov testovykh zadach s izmeneniem reaktivnosti [TRAP-KS code package three-dimensional neutron kinetics model verification by calculation results of benchmarks with reactivity variations]. Voprosy atomnoy nauki i tekhniki. Seriya: Fizika yadernykh reaktorov — Problems of atomic science and technology. Series: Physics of Nuclear Reactors, 2015, vol. 4, pp. 33—41.
6. Artemov V.G., Artemova L.M., Ivanov A.S., Piskarev A.V., Shemaev Yu.P., Gorokhov A.K., Kurakin K.Yu. Modelirovanie svobodnykh ksenonovykh kolebaniy v aktivnoy zone reaktora VVER 1000 s ispol'zovaniem kompleksa programm SAPFIR_95&RC [Modeling of free xenon oscillations in the VVER-1000 reactor core using the SAPFIR_95&RC software package]. Trudy 4 Mezhdunarodnoy nauchno-tekhnicheskoy konferentsii “Obespechenie bezopasnosti AES s VVER” [Proc. 4th Int. Sci. and Techn. Conf. “Safety assurance of NPP with VVER”]. Podolsk, 2005.
7. Tereshonok V.A., Stepanov V.S., Povarov V.P., Lebedev O.V. Issledovanie povedeniya VVER 1000 v perekhodnom protsesse, vyzvannom malym snizheniem moshchnosti [Investigation of the VVER-1000 behavior in the transient process caused by a small decrease in power]. Atomnaya energiya - Atomic Energy, 2002, vol. 93, no. 4, pp. 319—320.
8. Petkevich I.G., Uvakin M.A. Analiz neopredelennostey rezul'tatov rascheta rezhima s razryvom paroprovoda na ustanovke AES-2006 po kodu KORSAR/GP s primeneniem programmy LINQUAD [Uncertainly analysis of main steam line break calcuations for AES-2006 power unit by KORSAR/GP code with LINQUAD program using]. Voprosy atomnoy nauki i tekhniki. Seriya: Fizika yadernykh reaktorov — Problems of atomic science and technology. Series: Physics of Nuclear Reactors, 2013, vol. 2, pp. 51—60.