Authors & Affiliations
Fraaz E.S., Akimov A.V., Malkov A.P.
JSC “State Scientific Center — Research Institute of Atomic Reactors”, Dimitrovgrad, Russia
Akimov A.V. – Research engineer, JSC “State Scientific Center — Research Institute of Atomic Reactors”.
Malkov A.P. – Head of department of nuclear safety service, Dr. Sci. (Techn.), JSC “State Scientific Center — Research Institute of Atomic Reactors”.
The main results of neutron and physical parameters calculations, which are important for nuclear safety during storage and transportation of irradiated working and loop fuel assemblies and irradia-tion devices of the MIR reactor, as well as working in radiation-protective research cameras for the assembling and disassembling of irradiation devices, are introduced in this report. The analysis was made in full accordance with requirements of the state normative research nuclear facilities nuclear safety documents. The results of effective neutron reproduction coefficient calculations received by the MCU-RFFI/A program were used for the analysis. The various emergency situations associated with personnel errors, falling of products during their transportation, pouring out the contents of covers, violation of the products placement order, changing in inhibitor (in particular water) density were considered during the analysis. The full unloading of the reactor core in case of an accident was also considered. As a result of the neutron and physical calculations analysis, safety of spent nuclear fuel storage, at all stages of its transportation, as well as working in radiation- protective research cameras subject to established restrictions was proved. Restrictions for the number of products and the geometry of their placement in the cooling pool, transport corridor, and radiation - protective cameras were set.
nuclear safety, MIR reactor, cooling pool, fulfilled nuclear fuel, research radiation-protective cameras, effective coefficient of reproduction of neutrons, MCU-RFFI/A program, settlement models, neutron and physical calculations, transport and technological operations
1. NR-061-05. Pravila bezopasnosti pri khranenii i transportirovke yadernogo topliva na ob"ektakh ispol'zovaniya atomnoy energii [Safety rules at storage and transportation of nuclear fuel on subjects to use of atomic energy], 2005. Available at: http://docs.cntd.ru/document/1200043832 (accessed 18.09.2019).
2. Gadzhiev G.I., Grachev A.F., Gremyachkin V.A., et al. Issledovatel’skiye reaktory NIIAR i ikh eksperimental’nyye vozmozhnosti [RIAR research reactors and their experimental capabilities]. Dimitrovgrad, RIAR Publ., 1991. 104 p.
3. Programma MCU-RFFI/A s bibliotekoy konstant DLC/MCU DAT-1.0 [The MCU-RFFI/A program with library of the constants DLC/MCU DAT-1.0]. Certification passport of the software no. 400 of 14.07.2016.
4. RSN-06-09-2016. Pravila yadernoy bezopasnosti pri khranenii i transportirovanii yadernykh delyashchikhsya materialov [Rules of nuclear safety at storage and transportation of the nuclear sharing materials], 2016. Available at: http://meganorm.ru/Index2/1/4293746/4293746881 (accessed 18.09.2019).
5. RR-009-17. Pravila yadernoy bezopasnosti issledovatel’skikh reaktorov [Rules of nuclear safety research reactor], 2017. Available at: http://docs.cntd.ru/document/436762418 (accessed 18.09.2019).