Authors & Affiliations
Artemov V.G., Artemova L.M., Korotaev V.G., Kuznetsov A.N.
Alexandrov Research Institute of Technoloqy, Sosnovy Bor, Russia
Artemov V.G. – Head of Laboratory, Cand. (Tech.) Sci., Alexandrov Research Institute of Technoloqy.
Artemova L.M. – Senior Researcher, Alexandrov Research Institute of Technoloqy.
Korotaev V.G. – Lead Engineer, Alexandrov Research Institute of Technoloqy.
This paper presents the results of “Benchmark Rostov 2” test task simulation using
SAPFIR_95&RC_VVER program package; the test task is based on a full-scale experiment performed at the Rostov NPP, where the transition mode with boric acid dilution and a working group insertion to compensate the reactivity were implemented. The purpose of this task is to develop the methods of non-stationary computation of pin-by-pin power energy distribution in calculation programs for neutronic and thermohydraulic characteristics of VVER-type reactors.
The SAPFIR_95&RC_VVER program package uses two calculation methods of pin-by-pin power energy distribution: micro- and macro-flux superposition method and combined fine-grid method, where the nodes of radial computational grid in the reactor core coincide with the centers of fuel elements in fuel rod assembly. The combined fine-grid method for calculating pin-by-pin power energy distribution is carried out with the known values of burn-up distributions, fuel temperature, and coolant density obtained from superposition method. Both approaches are used for solving stationary and non-stationary tasks. When simulating the non-stationary processes, the test task can be solved in conjunction with KORSAR thermohydraulic code.
This paper describes neutronic models of VVER-1000 reactor core used in “Benchmark Rostov 2” test task for superposition method and combined method. Calculation results for power energy distri-bution fields are given.
pin-by-pin power energy distribution, fine-grid computation, superposition method, dynamic calculation, coupled neutronic and thermohydraulic calculation
1. Artemov V.G., Artemova L.M., Elshin A.V., Ivanov A.S., Karpov A.S., Piskarev A.V., Sergeev V.K., Shemaev Yu.P. Sozdanie kompleksa programm dlya rascheta neytronno-fizicheskikh kharakteristik reaktorov tipa VVER. Tekhnologiya i sistemy obespecheniya zhiznennogo tsikla yadernykh ustanovok [Creating a set of programs for calculating the neutron-physical characteristics of VVER reactors. Technology and systems for ensuring the life cycle of nuclear facilities]. St. Petersburg, Mendeleev Publ., 2007. Pp. 20—34.
2. Artemov V.G., Ivanov A.S., Kuznetsov A.N., Shemaev Yu.P. Kombinirovannyy metod rascheta potvel'nogo energovydeleniya v komplekse programm SAPFIR_95&RC_VVER [The combined method of calculating fuel energy release in the software package SAPFIR_95 & RC_VVER]. Voprosy Atomnoy Nauki i Tekhniki. Seriya: Yaderno-reaktornye konstanty - Problems of Atomic Science and Technology. Series: Nuclear and Reactor Constans, 2014, no. 3, pp. 85—89.
3. SAPFIR_95&RC_VVER.2. Certification passport of software tool No. 321 - Federal Service for Ecological, Technological and Nuclear Supervision, 09/23/2009, 04/18/2013.
4. The program complex KORSAR / GP. Certification passport PS No. 263. - Federal Service for Ecological, Technological and Nuclear Supervision, 09/23/2009.
5. Avramova M., Denisenko A., Denisova M., Gordienko P., Ivanov K., Nikonov S., Pasichnyk I., Shumskiy B., Sizov R., Velkov K. EGMPEPV BENCHMARK “ROSTOV-2”. Proc. 27th Symposium of AER on VVER Reactor Physics and Reactor Safety. Germany, Munich, 2017.