Authors & Affiliations
Experimental and Design Organization "GIDROPRESS", Podolsk, Russia
Nikolaev A.A. – deputy of department chief, Cand. Sci. (Techn.), Experimental and Design Organization "GIDROPRESS".
Contacts: 21, Ordzhonikidze st., Podolsk, Moscow region, Russia, 142103. Tel.: +7(495)502-79-13; e-mail:
The short information about destination and abilities of program FRIGATE, structure description and program characteristics are presented. The FRIGATE program implements the methodology developed by the authors of a free programmable organization of complex interconnected multicomponent calculations to justify the design characteristics of reactors and protect reactor installations in a group approximation. The FRIGATE program within the framework of a single executable file allows the user to organize arbitrary chains of standard calculations to solve the main tasks of the design support of reactor installation design. The structure of the FRIGATE program is organized according to the principle of a set of interacting process units. Each program block performs a separate logically closed task. The program includes the following blocks: a geometric block, an SN block (based on the PMSNSYS-II program), a block group block preparation block, point kinetics parameter calculation block, a perturbation theory calculator of reactivity effects, a unit for working with ionizing radiation field functionals, isotope kinetics calculation unit, as well as other computational and / or service subroutine blocks. The program has no restrictions on the number of nuclides, the number of physical zones, cells, the number of nuclides in the zone, and the like. Parallelization of lengthy calculations in the current version of the program is organized using the OpenMP 3.0 standard. A set of software documents has been released for the program.
DSN-method, DDL-schemes, LD-scheme, PMSNSYS-II, FRIGATE, groupwized cross sections, core, shield.
1. Hall E., Dzhekson K., Dik D. Razrabotka i upravlenie trebovaniyami. Prakticheskoe rukovodstvo pol'zovatelya [Development and requirements management. Practical user guide]. Second Edition. London- Berlin-Heidelberg, Springer Publ., 2005. 240 p.
2. PMSNSYS II. Programma dlya PEVM. Raschet reaktora i zaschity metodom diskretnyh ordinat [The program for the PC. Calculation of the reactor and protection by the discrete ordinate method]. Podolsk, OKB “GIDROPRESS” Publ., 2016.
3. Programma dlya PEVM. Pre- i postprotsessor REBEL-III [The program for the PC. Pre- and postprocessor]. Podolsk, OKB “GIDROPRESS” Publ., 2016.
4. ANSYS. Programmnyi kompleks dlya PEVM. Programmnyi kompleks dlya resheniya termomehanicheskih zadach metodom konechnyh elementov [Software package for PC. Software package for solving thermomechanical problems by the finite element method, ANSYS Mechanical, v. 14.5]. Podolsk, OKB “GIDROPRESS” Publ., 2013.
5. FRIGATE. Programma dlya PEVM. Kompleksnyi stsenariinyi raschet reaktora i zaschity v gruppovom priblizhenii [Program for PC. Complex scenario calculation of reactor and protection in group approximation]. Podolsk, OKB “GIDROPRESS” Publ., 2019.