Authors & Affiliations
Shoshina A.V.1, Belousov V.I.2
1 National Research Nuclear University "Moscow Engineering Physics Institute", Moscow, Russia
2Nuclear Safety Institute of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow, Russia
Korobeinikov V.V.1 – Chief Researcher, Dr. Sci. (Phys.-Math.), Professor. Contacts: 1, Sq. Bondarenko, Obninsk, Kaluga region, Russia, 249033. Tel.: +7 910 863 7098; e-mail:
Shoshina A.V1 – student of 4th term.
Belousov V.I.2 – Chief Specialist in Modeling Neutron-Physical Processes, Cand. Sci. (Techn.). Contacts: 52, Bolshaya Tulskaya st., Moscow, Russia, 115191. Tel.: +7(977)461-39-03, e-mail: email@example.com./p>
The ODETTA calculation code and a comparative analysis of the program simulation with using of MPI principles as well as the possibility of applying MPI technology to speed up the calculation code are considered. The development of the ODETTA program algorithmic part with MPI using is described. Features and specifics of this program parallelizing are presented. The modification of the calculation code is given. The corresponding software algorithms are considered. The structure of ODETTA program modules with MPI using is displayed. The results of ODETTA serial and parallel versions in OS Linux with MPI using on the HPC cluster of National Research Nuclear University MEPhI are presented. In addition, the comparative analysis of two program implementations in terms of speed and accuracy of results by using of two different clusters and a different number of nodes on them is given.
parallel programming, MPI, PROGRAM ODETTA, finite element method, radiation safety, HPC cluster.
1. Savchenko A.V., Anikeev A.A. Rukovodstvo pol'zovatelya [User guide]. Available at: https://ut.mephi.ru/pdf/projects/hpc/userguide.pdf (accessed 27.09.2019).
2. McGhee J.M., Wareing T.A., Barnett D.A. Attila User’s Manual. Transpire Inc., 2007.
3. Seleznev E.F., Belousov V.I., Bereznev V.P. Raschetnyy kod dlya resheniya zadach perenosa neytronov i gamma-kvantov v mnogogruppovom SnPm-priblizhenii metodom konechnykh elementov na nestrukturirovannykh tetraedral'nykh setkakh, vklyuchaya rabotu s setochnymi dannymi [The calculation code for solving the problems of neutron and gamma transport in the multi-group SnPm approximation by the finite element method on unstructured tetrahedral grids, including working with grid data]. Moscow, Nuclear Safety Institute of RAS Publ., 2018. 100 p.
4. Sychugova E.P., Seleznev E.F. Metod konechnykh elementov dlya resheniya uravneniya perenosa na nestrukturirovannykh tetraedral'nykh setkakh [Discontinuous Finite Element Method for Solving the Sn Transport Equation on Unstructured Tetrahedral Grids]. Preprint IBRAE-2014-03 – Preprint IBRAE- 2014-03. Moscow, 2014. 21 p.
5. Nuclear Science Committee. Benchmark for Neutronic Analysis of Sodium-cooled Fast Reactor Cores with Various Fuel Types and Core Sizes. NEA/NSC/R(2015)9, 2016. Available at: https://www.oecdnea. org/science/docs/2015/nsc-r2015-9.pdf (accessed 27.09.2019).