Authors & Affiliations
Dorokhovich S.L., Zajtsev А.А., Kascheev M.V., Levchenko V.А.br /> Limited Liability Company "Simulation Systems Ltd.", Obninsk, Russia
Dorokhovich S.L. – Chief Engineer, Cand. Sci. (Techn.), Associate Professor.
Zajtsev A.A. – Head of the Laboratory, Cand. Sci. (Techn.).
Levchenko V.A. – Director, Cand. Sci. (Techn.).
Safety of the "Master" reactor plant in conditions of blocking flow section of a technological channel
in the form of a Field’s tube is considered. The possibility of cooling a separate technological channel
in the passive mode, considering heat-conducting zirconium matrix, is evaluated.
It is noted that the project of the power unit with the "Master" reactor with 30 MW power has all the prerequisites for a successful application. General description of the power unit is presented. The mathematical formulation of the problem is formulated. Temperatures in fuel assembly with averaged properties and zirconium matrix (E-110 alloy) are described by differential equations of thermal conductivity with appropriate initial and boundary conditions. Temperatures in external and internal channels of the Field’s tube are calculated using a lumped parameters model and depend only on time. The mathematical formulation also includes an equation for determination of the flow rate of the coolant in the natural circulation circuit.
Temperatures in assembly and zirconium matrix are determined by the tridiagonal matrix algorithm. System of equations for determination of temperatures in channels is solved analytically in a quasi-stationary approximation using the Laplace transformation.
The developed mathematical model is implemented in the form of TK computer code. Calculations showed that the fuel temperature remains relatively low, and there is no melting of fuel elements.
"Master" reactor, technological channel, Field’s tube, blocking of the flow area, natural convection, zirconium matrix, mathematical model, fuel temperature, boiling of the coolant, quasi-stationary approximation, Laplace transformation.
1. IAEA, Status of Small Reactor Designs without On-site Refuelling. IAEA-TECDOC-1536. Vienna, Austria, IAEA Publ., 2007. 859 p.
2. Lykov A.V. Teoriya teploprovodnosti [The theory of thermal conductivity]. Moscow, Vysshaya Shkola Publ., 1967. 600 p.
3. Kirillov P.L., Yur’ev Yu.S., Bobkov V.P. Spravochnic po teplogidravlicheskim raschetam (jadernye reaktory, teploobmenniki, parogeneratory) [Handbook on thermal-hydraulic calculations (nuclear reactors, heat exchangers, steam generators). Moscow, Energoatomizdat Publ., 1990, 360 p.
4. Kashheev M.V. Modelirovanie tjazhelyh avariy v obosnovanie bezopasnosti bystryh reaktorov s natrievym teplonositelem. Diss. dokt. techn. nauk [Modeling of severe accidents to substantiate the safety of fast reactors with sodium coolant. Dr. tech. sci. diss.]. Moscow, MPEI Publ., 2018. 40 p.
5. Kamke E. Spravochnic po obyknovennym differencial'nym uravnenijam [Handbook on ordinary differential equations]. Moscow, Science Publ., 1971. 576 p.6. Samarskii A.A. Teorija raznostnyh shem [The theory of difference schemes]. Moscow, Science Publ., 1983. 616 p.