Authors & Affiliations
Osipov A.A., Ivanov K.D.
A.I. Leypunsky Institute for Physics and Power Engineering, Obninsk, Russia
Osipov A.A. – Researcher. Contacts: 1, pl. Bondarenko, Obninsk, Kaluga region, Russia, 249033. Tel.: +7 (910) 526-74-71; e-mail:
Ivanov K.D. – Leading Researcher, Dr. Sci. (Techn.).
In the initial period of HLMT development, it was shown that ensuring the corrosion resistance of structural steels is associated with ensuring a certain oxygen regime of the coolant. To control it, oxygen TDA sensors were created later. It was assumed that the oxygen activity in HLMC in different temperature zones of the circulation loop obeys the so-called "isoconcentration" distribution, which, when formally recalculated the measured oxygen TDA values, gives a constant concentration value at different temperatures. However, later it turned out that such a distribution of TDA is not always realized. The observed character of deviations could be explained by the influence of iron impurity. At the same time, quantitative estimates of this effect were carried out under the assumption of the formation of stoichiometric magnetite under conditions of its thermodynamic stability in the entire range of temperatures and concentrations of the initial components. The limitation of this approach lies, first of all, in the fact that it does not take into account the processes of dissociation of solid-phase iron oxides, which can occur in the hot zone when appropriate conditions are created, which can be realized with a decrease in the content of dispersed iron oxides. The importance of taking this factor into account is due to the fact that, during corrosion testing of steels in HLMC, the processes of dissociation of magnetite are actually observed in practice. Within the framework of this work, a computational method for assessing the effect of filtration processes on the thermodynamic state of HLMC has been developed. Quantitative estimates of the effect of the content of dispersed oxides in HLMC on the thermodynamic state of the coolant under non-isothermal conditions in iso-concentration and non-iso-concentration modes have been obtained and which can be used in calculation codes and comparison of experimental results with calculations.
mass transfer, diffusion, iron, lead, oxygen thermodynamic activity, iron oxide, dispersed phase
1. Toshinsky G.I., Leipunsky A.I. Yadernye energeticheskie ustanovki s zhidkometallicheskim teplonositelem svinets-vismut dlya atomnykh podvodnykh lodok [Nuclear power plants with lead-bismuth liquid metal coolant for nuclear submarines]. Izvestiya vuzov. Yadernaya energetika – Proseedings of Universities. Nuclear Power Engineering, 2003, no. 4, pp. 13–18.
2. Martynov P.N., Orlov Yu.I., Askhadullin R.Sh. et al. Zhidkie metally – teplonositeli yadernykh energeticheskikh ustanovok [Liquid metals – coolants of nuclear power plants]. Trudy mezhdunarodnogo seminara “Teplofizicheskie svoystva veshchestv” [Proc. Int. Seminar “Thermophysical Properties of Substances”]. Nalchik, 2001.
3. Ivanov K.D., Niyazov S.-AS. Lavrova O.V. Otsenka intensivnosti vykhoda metallicheskikh komponentov staley pri protekanii protsessov zhidkometallicheskoy korrozii [Assessment of the intensity of the yield of metal components of steels during the course of liquid metal corrosion processes]. Trudy nauchnotekhnicheskoy konferentsii “Teplofizika reaktorov na bystrykh neytronakh “Teplofizika-2014” [Proc. Sci. and Techn. Conf. of Thermal Physics of Fast Reactors “Thermophysics-2014”]. Obninsk, 2014.
4. Subbotin V.I., Ivanovskiy M.N., Arnoldov M.N. Fiziko-khimicheskie osnovy primeneniya zhidkometallicheskikh teplonositeley [Physicochemical foundations of the use of liquid metal coolants]. Moscow, Atomizdat Publ., 1970.
5. Martynov P.N., Orlov Yu.I. Protsessy shlakoobrazovaniya v svinets-vismutovom konture. Preduprezhdenie i likvidatsiya kriticheskikh situatsiy [Slagging processes in the lead-bismuth circuit. Prevention and elimination of critical situations]. Trudy konferentsii “TZhMT v yadernykh tekhnologiyakh” [Proc. Conf. “HLMT in Nuclear Technologies”]. Obninsk, 1999, vol. 2, pp. 608–619.
6. Osipov A.A., Ivanov K.D., Askhadullin R.Sh. Ravnovesnaya model' dissotsiatsii soedineniy [Equilibrium model of dissociation of compounds]. Voprosy Atomnoy Nauki i Tekhniki. Seriya: Yaderno-reaktornye konstanty – Problems of Atomic Science and Technology. Series: Nuclear and Reactor Constants, 2018, no. 5, pp. 5–12.
7. Osipov A.A., Ivanov K.D., Niyazov S.-A.S. Raschetnaya model' vzaimodeystviya primesey zheleza i kisloroda v tyazhelykh zhidkometallicheskikh teplonositelyakh [Calculation model of the interaction of iron and oxygen impurities in heavy liquid-metal coolants]. Voprosy Atomnoy Nauki i Tekhniki. Seriya: Yaderno-reaktornye konstanty – Problems of Atomic Science and Technology. Series: Nuclear and Reactor Constants, 2018, no. 4, pp. 215–224.