Authors & Affiliations
Belov A.A., Kryachko M.V., Chertovskikh O.I.
Nuclear Safety Institute of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow, Russia
Kryachko M.V. – Engineer.
Chertovskikh O.I. – Engineer.
The calculation of activation inventories is one of the key aspects in nuclear plants simulation. Burnup calculations provide information not only about fuel actinides transmutation but also about impact of fuel/constructor materials/coolant impurities on the material. The inventory evolution also determines radiological response of a material by nuclides production/decay rates quantification.
Results of the isotopic kinetics code BPSD for activity and afterheat calculation validation by means of direct comparison afterheat obtained by code BPSD with experimental data obtained due to steel SS-304 and steel SS-316 samples irradiation by fusion neutron spectra at the FNS facility and with results of FISPACT-II calculation are presented in this paper.
BPSD code is intended for carrying of transmutation calculations of materials in fast neutron fluxes. Nuclides transformation chains are based on ROSFOND and ABBN-RF data.
BPSD and FISPACT-II calculations results conform to each other. Differences in results could be explained by differences between transformation chains and by using different evaluation neutron data bases.
steel irradiation, isotopic kinetics, inventory code, BPSD, FNS, FISPACT, fast-neutron reactor, fusion neutron spectra, validation, decay-heat
Article Text (PDF, in Russian)
- Seleznev E.F. Kinetika reaktorov na bystrykh neytronakh [Kinetics of Fast Reactors]. Moscow, Nauka Publ., 2013. Pp. 178–198.
- Seleznev E.F., Belov A.A. Resheniye zadachi nuklidnoy kinetiki s polnoy matritsey perekhodov nuklidov [Solution of nuclide kinetics problem with full matrix of nuclides]. Izvestiya Rossiyskoy akademii nauk. Energetika – Bulletin of the Russian Academy of Sciences. Energy, 2013, no. 3, pp. 27–40.
- Seleznev E.F., Belov A.A., Belousov V.I., Chernova I.S. Modernizatsiya programmy rascheta zadachi nuklidnoy kinetiki BPSD [BPSD code upgrade for solving the nuclear kinetics problem]. IzvestiyaVyzov. Yadernaya Energetika, 2018, no. 4, pp. 115–127.
- Attestatsionnyy pasport programmy dlya EVM “BPSD/V2.1” [Attestation certificate of the computer program “BPSD/V2.1”], № 516 from 30.01.2021.
- Maekawa F. et al. Data collection of fusion neutronics benchmarking experiment conducted at FNS/JAERI. Tech. Rep. JAERI-Data/Code 98-021, JAEA, 1998.
- The FISPACT-II User Manual. Tech. Rep. UKAEA-CCFE-R(18)001, CCFE, 2018.
- Gilbert M.R., Sublet J-Ch. Fusion decay heat validation, FISPACT-II & TENDL-2017, EAF2010, ENDF/B-VIII.0, JEFF-3.3, and IRDFF-1.05 nuclear data libraries, Tech. Rep. UKAEA-CCFE-R(18)002, CCFE, 2018.
- Zabrodskaia S.V., Ignatiuk A.V., Koshcheev V.N., Manokhin V.N., Nikolaev M.N., Proniaev V.G. ROSFOND – Rossiyskaya natsional'naya biblioteka otsenennykh neytronnykh dannykh [ROSFOND – The National Library of evaluated neutron data]. Voprosy atomnoy nauki i tekhniki. Seriya: Yadernyye konstanty – Problems of Atomic Science and Technology. Series: Nuclear Constants. 2007, no. 1–2. Available at: https://vant.ippe.ru/en/year2007/neutron-constants/774-1.html (accessed 19.10.2021).
- Koscheev V., Manturov G., Nikolaev M., Tsiboulya A. Biblioteka gruppovykh konstant BNAB-RF dlya raschetov reaktorov i zashchity [ABBN-RF group constants library for nuclear reactor and shielding calculations]. Izvestiya Rossiyskoy akademii nauk. Energetika – Bulletin of the Russian Academy of Sciences. Energy, 2014, no. 3, p. 93.
Problems of Atomic Science and Technology. Series: Nuclear and Reactor Constants, 2021, issue 4, 4:5