Authors & Affiliations
Mitrofanova O.V.1,2, Bayramukov A.S.1, Ivlev O.A.1, Urtenov D.S.1, Fedorinov A.V.1
1 National Research Center “Kurchatov Institute”, Moscow, Russia
2 National Research Nuclear University “MEPhI”, Moscow, Russia
Bayramukov A.S.1 – Engineer.
Ivlev O.A.1– Lead Engineer.
Urtenov D.S.1– Head of the Department.
Fedorinov A.V.1 – Engineer.
The mechanisms of generation of stable large-scale eddies and flow swirling in complex channels of the 1st and 2nd circuits of transport nuclear power plants (NPP) are revealed. An analysis is given of the influence of vortex formation and flow swirling processes on failures in NPP systems. It is shown that with a complex geometry of the channels of the pipe systems of the thermohydraulic tract and the reactor plant (RP), the unauthorized swirl arising in certain dynamic modes can lead to the effect of blocking the flow caused by the swirl flow crisis. It has been established that the phenomenon of the crisis is accompanied by the generation of low-frequency acoustic vibrations and large pressure losses required to form a recirculation flow zone, which prevents the flow of fluids in complex channels of the nuclear power plant.
In the presented work, the manifestation of a swirling flow crisis is considered by examples of modeling the processes of hydrodynamics and heat transfer in the channels of steam generators and the pressure compensation system of transport nuclear power plants. It is shown that the generation of stable vortex formations in the elements of the NPP equipment of the integral type can be directly related to the mechanism of excitation of hazardous vibroresonance effects. Methods for improving the design of pipe systems of steam generating plants are proposed to increase their thermal-hydraulic efficiency and vibration resistance.
vibration resistance, thermohydraulic path, thermal cycling, secondary flows, turbulent flow, swirl flow crisis, diffuser expansion, pressure compensator, coil steam generator, Laval nozzle
- Mitrofanova O.V. Kompleksnye issledovaniya effektov generatsii krupnomasshtabnyh vihreobrazovaniy v teplonositelyah yadernyh reaktorov. Chast I. Teoreticheskie issledovaniya [Complex studies of the effects of generation of large-scale eddies in coolants of nuclear reactors. Part I. Theoretical research]. Yadernaya fizika i inzhiniring – Nuclear Physics and Engineering, 2010, vol. 1, no. 4, pp. 299–309.
- Mitrofanova O.V., Pozdeeva I.G., Kruglov A.B., Kruglov V.B. Kompleksnyye issledovaniya effektov generatsii krupnomasshtabnykh vikhreobrazovaniy v teplonositelyakh yadernykh reaktorov. Chast' II. Eksperimental'nyye issledovaniya impaktnykh zakruchennykh techeniy [Complex studies of the effects of generation of large-scale vortex formations in coolants of nuclear reactors. Part II. Experimental studies of impact swirling flows]. Yadernaya fizika i inzhiniring – Nuclear Physics and Engineering, 2012, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 112–119.
- Mitrofanova O.V., Bayramukov A.Sh. Raschetnoye modelirovaniye dvizheniya teplonositelya v slozhnykh krivolineynykh kanalakh [Computational modeling of the movement of the coolant in complex curved channels]. Teplovyye protsessy v tekhnike – Thermal Processesin Engineering, 2019, vol. 11, no. 5, pp. 194–202.
- Novikov I.I. Thermodynamics of spinodals and phase transitions. Moscow, Nauka Publ., 2000. 165 p.
- Novikov I.I., Skobelkin V.I., Abramovich G.N., Klyachko L.A. Zakonomernost' raskhoda zhidkosti v zakruchennom potoke [Regularity of the flow rate of liquid in a swirling flow]. Discovery no. 389 entered in the State Register of Discoveries 10.18.1990.
- Mitrofanova O.V. Hydrodynamics and Heat Transfer of Swirling Flows in Channels of Nuclear Power Plants. Moscow, FIZMATLIT Publ., 2010. 288 p.
- Mitrofanova O.V., Ivlev O.A., Urtenov D.S., Fedorinov A.V. Assessment of the impact of the crisis flow of a swirling flow on the thermal-hydraulic efficiency of ship nuclear power plants. Teplovyye protsessy v tekhnike – Thermal Processesin Engineering, 2019, vol. 11, no. 6, pp. 242–249.
- Mitrofanova O.V., Pozdeeva I.G. Investigation of the mechanism of self-regulation of acoustic oscillations in an impact swirling flow. Fluid Dynamics, 2015, vol. 50, issue 5, pp. 646–654. Available at: https://link.springer.com/article/10.1134/S0015462815050063 (accessed 25.10.2021).
- Mitrofanova O.V. On the Structural Similarity of Stable Forms of Spiral-Vortex Motion. Journal of Engineering Physics and Thermophysics, 2017, vol. 90, no. 5, pp. 1119–1130. Available at: https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10891-017-1666-y (accessed 25.10.2021).
- Pozdeeva I.G. Issledovaniye gidrodinamiki i mekhanizmov generatsii akusticheskikh kolebaniy v slozhnykh vikhrevykh techeniyakh. Diss. kand. tekhn. nauk [Investigation of hydrodynamics and mechanisms of generation of acoustic vibrations in complex vortex flows. Cand. eng. sci. diss.]. Moscow, NRNU MEPhI Publ., 2019. 117 p.
- Proskuryakov K.N. Nauchnyye osnovy sozdaniya i prakticheskogo primeneniya tsifrovoy akusticheskoy modeli AES s VVER [Scientific bases for the creation and practical application of a digital acoustic model of NPP with WWER]. Trudy III mezhdunarodnoy konferentsii “Sovremennyye problemy teplofizika i energetiki” [Proc. of the III Int. Conf. “Modern Problems of Thermal Physics and Power Engineering”]. Moscow, 2020, pp. 645–646.