Authors & Affiliations
Osipov A.A., Ivanov K.D.
A.I. Leypunsky Institute for Physics and Power Engineering, Obninsk, Russia
Ivanov K.D. – Leading Researcher, Dr. Sci. (Techn.).
At present, the problem of providing corrosion resistance of steels in heavy liquid metal coolants is solved by forming and maintaining protective oxide films on the surfaces of structural steels. However, oxide films are not absolutely impermeable barriers for the components of steels (primarily iron), which, as a result of diffusion processes, inevitably enter the coolant and can interact with oxygen to form solid-phase oxides. Within the framework of this work, a method is considered for obtaining the numerical values of the quantities characterizing the processes of dissociation of iron oxides as a function of temperature and oxygen potential of HLMC. The performed calculations made it possible to obtain specific numerical values of the limiting solubilities of iron oxides as a function of the temperature and the initial state of the coolant with respect to iron and oxygen impurities, and also made it possible to obtain numerical values of other thermodynamic parameters characterizing the current and limiting state of HLMC. The considered approach is of a general nature and can be used in experimental studies of the kinetic and thermodynamic characteristics of the dissociation processes of compounds in liquid metals.
thermal dissociation, mass transfer, diffusion, iron, lead, oxygen thermodynamic activity, iron oxide
- Prigogine I., Defey R. Khimicheskaya termodinamika [Chemical thermodynamics]. Moscow: BINOM Publ., 2010. 533 p.
- Osipov A.A. Razrabotka raschetnoy modeli vzaimodeystviya primesey zheleza i kisloroda v rasplavakh tyazhelykh metallov i yeye primeneniye dlya otsenki protsessov massoperenosa v TZHMT. Diss. kand. tekhn. nauk [Development of a computational model for the interaction of iron and oxygen impurities in heavy metal melts and its application to assess the processes of mass transfer in HLMT. Diss. Cand. Eng. Sci.].Obninsk, 2020. 132 p.
- Niyazov S.-A.S., Ivanov K.D., Lavrova O.V. Rezul'taty chislennykh otsenok poter' komponentov konstruktsionnykh staley v tyazhelykh teplonositelyakh [Results of numerical estimates of losses of components of structural steels in heavy coolants]. Voprosy atomnoj nauki i tehniki. Seriya: Yaderno-reaktornye konstanty – Problems of Atomic Science and Technology. Series: Nuclear Reactor Constants, 2015, no. 2, pp. 2–10.
- Niyazov S.-A.S., Ivanov K.D., Lavrova O.V. Otsenka intensivnosti vykhoda metallicheskikh komponentov staley pri protekanii protsessov zhidkometallicheskoy korrozii [Evaluation of the intensity of the release of metal components of steels during liquid metal corrosion processes]. Voprosy atomnoj nauki i tehniki. Seriya: Yaderno-reaktornye konstanty – Problems of Atomic Science and Technology. Series: Nuclear Reactor Constants, 2014, no. 1, pp. 1–9.
- Ivanov K.D., Askhadullin R.Sh., Osipov A.A., Niyazov S.-A.S. Issledovaniye diffuzionnogo vykhoda zheleza iz stali EP-823 v rasplav svintsa [Investigation of the diffusion yield of iron from EP-823 steel into the lead melt]. Voprosy atomnoj nauki i tehniki. Seriya: Yaderno-reaktornye konstanty – Problems of Atomic Science and Technology. Series: Nuclear Reactor Constants, issue 3, 2020, pp. 135–144.