Authors & Affiliations
Alimov Yu.V., Kalugina K.M., Rozhdestvenskiy I.M., Sakharova T.Yu., Yufereva V.A.
N.A. Dollezhal Research & Development Institute of Power Engineering, Moscow, Russia
Alimov Yu.V. – Senior Researcher.
Kalugina K.M. – Engineer.
Sakharova T.Yu. – Senior Researcher.
Yufereva V.A. – Researcher.
MCU-RBMK code, based on Monte-Carlo method, has been verified and certified for neutron physics calculations of RBMK-1000 reactors, however, there are a number of tasks that can be successfully solved using the MCU-RBMK but require verification. During the development of the MCU-RBMK, the possibility of computational modeling of photon transfer determination of functionals associated with the interaction of photons with matter has been realized. The appearance of new experimental data related to the distribution of the fast neutron flux density and the distribution of the photon flux density expands the verification base and makes it possible to perform additional verification of the MCU-RBMK precision code. The realization of the neutrons and photons joint transfer, as well as the ability to determine the neutron and photon sources in a problem with a change the isotopic composition in materials, allow using MCU-RBMK to calculate the equivalent dose rate during operations with radioactive materials in problems with arbitrary geometry. In this paper, we consider fresh and spent nuclear fuel, including fuel with an increased content of uranium even isotopes. This opens up new possibilities for using the MCU-RBMK for calculations of fast neutron flux, photon flux, as well as for calculating the equivalent dose rate.
safety, precision code, Monte-Carlo method, verification, fast neutron transfer, photon transfer, equivalent dose rate
1. Programmnyy kompleks MCU-RBMK s bankom dannykh MDB650 (s kanalom podgotovki iskhodnykh dannykh GENIFER) [Code MCU-RBMK with data bank MDB650 (with GENIFER source data feed)]. Code sertification passport №431 from 27.02.2018.
2. Alekseev N.I., Bolshagin S.N., Gomin E.A., Gorodkov S.S., Gurevich M.I., Kalugin M.A, Kulakov A.S., Marin S.V., Novoseltsev A.P., Oleynik D.S., Pryanishnikov A.V., Sukhino-Khomenko E.A., Shkarovskiy D.A., Yudkevich M.S. Status MCU-5 [MCU-5 Status]. Voprosy atomnoy nauki i tekhniki. Seriya: Fizika yadernykh reaktorov – Problems of Atomic Science and Technology. Series: Physics of nuclear reactors, 2011, no. 4, pp. 5–23.
3. Dollezhal N.A., Emelyanov I.Ya. Kanal'nyy yadernyy energeticheskiy reactor [Channel nuclear power reactor]. Moscow, Atomizdat Publ., 1980.
4. Abramov M.I., Avdeev V.I., Adamov E.O. et al. Kanal'nyy yadernyy energeticheskiy reaktor RBMK. Pod redaktsiyey Cherkashova [Channel nuclear power reactor RBMK. Edited by Cherkashov], Moscow, “GUP NIKIET” Publ., 2006.
5. Alimov Yu.V., Davydov V.K., Zhirnov A.P., Rozhdestvenskiy I.M. Razvitiye programmy GENIFER dlya avtomatizatsii pretsizionnykh raschetov reaktorov RBMK [GENIFER program development for automation precision calculations of RBMK reactors]. Aktual'nyye problemy fiziki yadernykh reaktorov – effektivnost', bezopasnost' i nerasprostraneniye. Materialy XV seminara po problemam fiziki reaktorov “Volga-2008” [Nuclear reactor physics actual problems – efficiency, safety and nonproliferation. Materials of the XV seminar on reactor physics problems “Volga-2008”]. 2008, p. 38.
6. Programmnoye sredstvo SADCO (versiya 10.1) [Code SADCO (ver 10.1)]. Certification passport No. 436 dated 04.17.2018.
7. Dozimetr-radiometr MKS KP-AD6. Certificate of approval of the type of measuring instruments No. 39751 dated April 14, 2015.