Authors & Affiliations
Zvenigorodskij A.G., Shvetsov M.S., Shvetsov A.M., Savin M.V., Nefedov Ju.Ja., Zherebtsov V.A.
Russian Federal Nuclear Centre - All-Russia Scientific Research Institute for Experimental Physics, Sarov, Russia
The total gamma-ray production cross-sections in the 0.5-10 MeV energy range and discrete gamma line production cross-sections for E = 791, 843, 952, 984, 1013, 1692, 1719, 1809, 2210, 2980 + 3001 keV were evaluated. The total cross-sections were evaluated for neutron energies of 1-18.8 MeV, and the cross-sections for discrete lines for neutron energies of 1-16 MeV. The evaluations were performed using cubic spline approximation curves. The curve parameters were determined by the maximum likelihood method.
constant gamma production, differential cross sections gamma-ray, section of the discrete gamma lines, approximating curves
1. V.M. Gorbachev, V.I. Nagornyj, Yu.Ya. Nefedov, A.M. Shvetsov, M.S. Shvetsov, Gamma-ray production cross-sections for interaction of 13.8 MeV neutrons with nuclei of Cu, W and 235U, Voprosy atomnoj nauki i tekhniki, Ser. Yadernye konstanty, 1996, no. 2, p.47.
2. A. Horsley, J.B. Parker, K. Parker, J.A. Price, Curve Fitting Statistical Techniques for Use in the Mechanised Evaluation of Neutron Cross Sections, N.I.M.-1968, v. 62, no. 1, pp. 29-42.
3. S.C. Mathur, W.E. Tucker, R.W. Benjamin, I.L. Morgan, Angular distributions of Gamma Rays Produced by Neutron Bombardment of Al, Mg and Si, Nucl. Phys., 1965, v. 73, no. 3, p. 561, EXFOR 11466.
4. K.C. Chung, D.E. Velkley, J.D. Brandenberger, M.T. McEllistrem, 27Al(n, n’γ) reactions and the 3002 keV level, Nucl. Phys. A, 1968, v.115, no. 2, p.476.
5. Y. Hino, T. Yamamoto, S. Itagaki, K. Sugiyama, Gamma-Ray Production Cross Sections for Fast Neutron Interactions with Al, Ni, Cu and Nb, C. 79 KNOX, 45, 1979, EXFOR 21681.
6. G.H. Williams, W.E. Tucker, J.B. Ashe, A High Resolution (n, n’γ) Gamma-Ray Spectrometer System, P.ORO-2791-32, 1 7, 7102, EXFOR 12690.
7. C.G. Hoot, V.J. Orphan, J. John, Gamma-Ray Production Cross Sections for Iron and Aluminum, Report GULF-RT-A10743, 1971, EXFOR 10219009.
8. V.C. Rogers, D.R. Dixon, C.G. Hoot, D. Costello, V.J. Orphan, Gamma-Ray Production Cross Sections for Copper from 0.67 to 19.6 MeV, Nucl. Sci. Eng., 1977, v. 62, p. 71.
9. J.K. Dickens, T.A. Love, G.L. Morgan, Gamma-Ray Production due to Neutron Interactions with Aluminum for Incident Neutron Energies between 0.85 and 20 MeV, Tabulated Differential Cross Sections, Report ORNL-TM-4232, 1973, EXFOR 10352.
10. J.K. Dickens, G.L. Morgan, F.G. Perey, Neutron-Induced Gamma-Ray Production in Iron for the Energy Range 0.85=En=20 MeV, Nucl. Sci. Eng., 1973, v. 50, p. 311.
11. J.K. Dickens, Al(n, n’?) Reactions for 5.3=En=9 MeV, Phys. Rev./C, 1972, v. 5, p. 100.
12. G.L. Morgan, F.G. Perey, Cross Sections for the Al(n,xn) and Al(n, xγ) Reactions between 1 and 20 MeV, Report ORNL-TM-5241, 1976, EXFOR 10976003.
13. G.L. Morgan, F.G. Perey, Cross Sections for the Al(n,xn) and Al(n, xγ) Reactions between 1 and 20 MeV, Nucl. Sci. Eng., 1976, v. 61, p. 337.
14. F. Voss, S. Cierjacks, L. Kropp, Measurement of High Resolution Gamma-Ray Production Cross Sections in Inelastic Neutron Scattering on Al and Fe between 0.8 to 13 MeV, Report KFK-1494, 1971, EXFOR 20371.
15. B.I. Sukhanov, P.D. Smotrin, Measurement of the gamma-ray production group cross-sections for interaction of 14 MeV neutrons with nuclei of N, O, Al, Fe and Pb and checking of the system of gamma production constants in an integrated experiment, Voprosy atomnoj nauki i tekhniki, Ser. Yadernye konstanty, 1976, no. 23, p. 134.
16. D.M. Drake, E.D. Arthur, M.G. Silbert, Cross Sections for Gamma-Ray Production by 14 MeV Neutrons., Nucl. Sci. Eng., 1978, v. 65, p. 49.
17. V.M. Bezotosnyj, V.M. Gorbachev, M.S. Shvetsov, A.M. Surov, Group and total gamma-ray production cross-sections for nonelastic interaction of 14 MeV neutrons with various nuclei, Atomnaya ehnergiya, 1980, v. 49, no. 4, p.239. - 51 -
18. V.M. Gorbachev, V.I. Nagornyj, Yu.Ya. Nefedov, A.M. Shvetsov, M.S. Shvetsov, A.L. Shmarova, G.G. Farafontov, “Measurement of gamma-ray production cross-sections for the (n, x?) reaction in Al and Fe in order to test the evaluated data files for En = 14 MeV”, Proc. XI International Seminar on “Exact measurements in nuclear spectroscopy” (TIYaS-XI), 2-5 September 1996, Sarov, Voprosy atomnoj nauki i tekhniki, Ser. Fizika yadernykh reaktorov, TIYaS-XI, 1997, Special issue, P.101.
19. D.M. Drake, J.C. Hopkins, C.S. Young, H. Conde, Gamma-Ray Production Cross Sections for Fast Neutron Interactions with Several Elements, Nucl. Sci. Eng., 1970, v. 40, p. 294.
20. V.M. Bezotosnyj, V.M. Gorbachev, M.S. Shvetsov et al., Gamma-ray production cross-sections for inelastic interaction of 2.5 MeV neutrons with various nuclei, Voprosy atomnoj nauki i tekhniki, Ser. Yadernye konstanty, 1976, no. 22, p.21.
21. A.I. Lashuk, I.P. Sadokhin, Gamma-ray production cross-sections for inelastic scattering of 3 MeV neutrons, Voprosy atomnoj nauki i tekhniki, Ser. Yadernye konstanty, 1996, no. 2, p. 59.
22. F.C. Engesser, W.E. Thompson, Gamma Rays Resulting from Interactions of 14.7 MeV Neutrons with Various Elements, J. Nucl. Energy, 1967, v. 21, p. 487.
23. K. Nyberg-Ponnert, B. Jonsson, I. Bergvist, Gamma Rays Produced by the Interaction of 15 MeV Neutrons in N, O, Mg and Al, Phys. Scripta, 1971, v. 4, p. 165.
24. V.M. Bezotosnyj, V.M. Gorbachev, L.M. Surov, M.S. Shvetsov, Gamma-ray production cross-sections for nonelastic interaction of 14 MeV neutrons with various nuclei, Voprosy atomnoj nauki i tekhniki, Seriya Yadernye konstanty, 1975, no. 19, p. 77.
25. H. Zhou, G. Haung, Study of Total Discrete Gamma Radiation from Aluminum Under 14.9-MeV Neutron Bombardment, Nucl. Sci. Eng., 1997, v. 125, p. 61.
26. S. Hlavac, L. Dostal, I. Turzo, Study of Gamma Radiation from the Interaction of 14.6-MeV Neutrons with 27Al, Nucl. Sci. Eng., 1997, v. 125, p. 196.
27. K. Hasegawa, M. Mizumoto, S. Chiba, M. Sugimoto, Y. Yamanouti, M. Igashira, H. Kibazawa, Gamma-Ray Production Cross Section Measurements of some Structural Materials between 7.8 and 13 MeV, Nuclear Data for Science and Technology, Proc. of an Int. Conf., Juelich, Germany, 3-17 May 1991, Editor S.M. Quim, Springer-Verlag, p. 329.