Authors & Affiliations
Dmitriev S.M., Dobrov A.A., Pronin A.N., Ryazanov A.V., Solntsev D.N.
Nizhniy Novgorod State Technical University n.a. R.E. Alekseev, Nizhniy Novgorod, Russia
Dmitriev S.M. – Rector, Dr. Sci.(Tech.), Institute of Nuclear Power Engineering and Technical Physics, Nizhny Novgorod State Technical University R.E. Alekseeva.
Dobrov A.A. – Senior Lecturer, Institute of Nuclear Power Engineering and Technical Physics, Nizhny Novgorod State Technical University R.E. Alekseeva.
Ryazanov A.V. – Engeneer of the 2nd category, Institute of Nuclear Power Engineering and Technical Physics, Nizhny Novgorod State Technical University R.E. Alekseeva.
Solntsev D.N. – Associate Professor, Cand. Sci. (Tech.), Institute of Nuclear Power Engineering and Technical Physics, Nizhny Novgorod State Technical University R.E. Alekseeva.
In the design of the RITM-200 reactor facility, it is planned to use an innovative reactor core, recruited from cased fuel assemblies. The structural features of such fuel assemblies necessitated the determination of certain important hydraulic characteristics, in particular, the study of the distribution of the coolant flow through the fuel assemblies cells at the entrance to the fuel bundle. These data are the input boundary condition for the conduct of the thermohydraulic calculation. In this paper, the methods and results of experimental and numerical modeling of hydrodynamic processes occurring in the input section of fuel assembly for the RITM-200 reactor facility are presented. The experimental part of the study was carried out on a high-pressure aerodynamic facility FT-50 of the laboratory "Reactor hydrodynamics" which is based in the NSTU R.E. Alekseeva. With the help of pneumometric probes, the values of relative axial velocities in several sections at the entrance to the bundle of fuel elements were obtained, moreover the values of static pressure drops in individual sections of the testl model. The calculation part is a CFD simulation using the program Ansys CFX 14.0. An automatic mixed calculated grid consisting of tetra-, hexa- and prismatic elements was generated. To close the system of Navier-Stokes equations, the model of turbulence of tangential stress transfer and the Reynolds stress model were considered. In this work, the calculated and experimental data are compared. The results of computer modeling can be used to form input boundary conditions for the programs of the zone-based calculation of the reactor core RITM-200 in order to take account of the uneven flow rate of the coolant in the cells at the inlet to the fuel bundle due to the design of the inlet section of the fuel assembly.
nuclear reactor, reactor core, fuel assembly, computational fluid dynamics, coolant, simulation, CFD program
1. RITM: Reaktornye ustanovki dlya atomnyh ledokolov i optimizirovannyh plavuchih energoblokov [RHYTHM: Reactor installations for nuclear icebreakers and optimized floating power units]. Available at: http://www.okbm.nnov.ru/images/pdf/ritm-200_extended_ru_web.pdf (accessed 31.01.2018).
2. Samoilov O.B., Alekseev V.I., Galitskih V.Y., Belin A.V., Zaglyadnov A.N., Samusenkov V.V., Ust'yancev S.G. Investigation of thermal and epithermal neutron flux distributions in universal nuclear icebreaker fuel assemblies. Atomnaya energiya, 2016, vol. 6, pp. 307–313. (in Russian)
3. Solonin V.I., Markov P.V. Transportnye reaktornye ustanovki [Transport reactor plants]. Moscow, MGTU im. N.E. Baumana Publ., 2015. 138 p.
4. Dmitriev S.M., Dobrov A.A., Legchanov M.A., Khrobostov A.E. Primenenie mnogokanal'nogo pnevmometricheskogo zonda dlya issledovaniya profilya skorosti teplonositelya v modelyakh toplivnykh kasset yadernykh reaktorov [Application of multihole pressure probe for research of coolant velocity profile in nuclear reactor fuel assemblies. Pribory i metody izmereniy - Devices and Methods of Measurements, 2015, no. 2, pp. 188-195.
5. Dmitriev S.M., Dobrov A.A., Iksanova G.Sh., Martynova K.A., Khrobostov A.E. Raschetnoe issledovanie lokal'noy gidrodinamiki potoka teplonositelya vo vkhodnom uchastke TVS reaktornoy ustanovki RITM-200 [Numerical study of coolant hydrodynamics in inlet nozzle of RITM-200 nuclear reactor fuel assembly]. Trudy Nizhegorodskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta im. R.E. Alekseeva - Proceedings of Nizhny Novgorod State Technical University R.E. Alekseeva, 2017, no. 1, pp. 129-134.
6. Dmitriev S.M., Deulin A.A., Dobrov A.A., Legchanov M.A., Khrobostov A.E. Primenenie programmy LOGOS dlya issledovaniya osobennostej gidrodinamiki v teplovydelyayushchej sborke reaktora KLT-40S [Application of the LOGOS program to study the features of hydrodynamics in the fuel assembly of the KLT-40S reactor]. Sistemy upravleniya i informacionnye tekhnologii - Control systems and information technologies, 2014, no. 3, pp. 232-236.
7. Dmitriev S.M., Dobrov A.A., Legchanov M.A., Khrobostov A.E. Modelirovanie techeniya potoka teplonositelya v toplivnoy sborke reaktora plavuchey AES s ispol'zovaniem CFD-programmy LOGOS [Modeling of Coolant Flow in the Fuel Assembly of the Reactor of a Floating Nuclear Power Plant Using the Logos CFD Program]. Inzhenerno-fizicheskiy zhurnal - Journal of Engineering Physics and Thermophysics, 2015, no. 5, pp.1297-1303.
8. Dmitriev S.M., Dobrov A.A., Legchanov M.A., Khrobostov A.E. Verifikatsiya CFD programmy LOGOS na baze eksperimental'nykh issledovaniy NGTU po izucheniyu lokal'nogo massoobmena potoka teplonositelya v TVS [Verification of CFD-program LOGOS based on NNSTU experiments for the study of coolant mass transfer in fuel assembly. Trudy Nizhegorodskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta im. R.E. Alekseeva - Proceedings of Nizhny Novgorod State Technical University R.E. Alekseeva, 2016, no. 4, pp. 91-99.