Authors & Affiliations
Chukno V.I.1, Usov E.V.1, Butov A.A.1, Pribaturin N.A.1, Mosunova N.A.2
1 Nuclear Safety Institute of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Novosibirsk Branch, Novosibirsk, Russia
2 Nuclear Safety Institute of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow, Russia
Chukno V.I. – Engineer, Novosibirsk Branch, Nuclear Safety Institute of the Russian Academy of Sciences.
Butov A.A. – Engineer, Novosibirsk Branch, Nuclear Safety Institute of the Russian Academy of Sciences.
Pribaturin N.A. – Director, Dr. Sci. (Tech.), Novosibirsk Branch, Nuclear Safety Institute of the Russian Academy of Sciences.
Mosunova N.A. – Head of department, Cand. Sci. (Phys.-Math.), Nuclear Safety Institute of the Russian Academy of Sciences.
The current version of the EVKLID/V2 code allows simulating the behavior of fast neutron reactors with liquid-metal coolants in steady state and transient operation modes, as well as in various design accidents, by carrying out associated neutron-physical, thermomechanical and thermal-hydraulic calculations. To calculate severe accidents in a fast reactor, the SAFR/V1 module has been developed. The module can work as a stand-alone module simulating the melting of a single fuel element and as a part of the EVKLID/V2 code, which allows calculating the destruction of the entire core, taking into account the melt ejection in the coolant, transferring the components of the broken fuel element to the upper mixing chamber, formation of blockages of the fuel bundle. Approaches used to calculate such processes are presented in this paper.
fast neutron reactor, liquid metal coolant, core disruptive accident, fuel pin, melt motion, heat transfer
1. Usov E.V., Butov A.A., Klimonov I.A., Chuhno V.I., Nikolaenko A.V., Zhdanov V.S., Pribaturin N.A., Strizhov V.F. Features of the Numerical Solution of Thermal Destruction Fuel Pins Problems in the Fast Reactor. Journal of Physics: Conf. Series, 2017, vol. 891, p. 012171.
2. Kalashnikova A.A., Usov E.V. Razrabotka programmnogo modulya dlya rascheta plavleniya tvel i peremeshcheniya rasplava v reaktornykh ustanovkakh na bystrykh neytronakh na etape tyazheloy avarii [Development of a software module for calculating the melting of fuel elements and moving the melt in fast neutron reactors at the stage of a severe accident]. Trudy 3 rossiyskoy molodezhnoy konferentsii “Energetika, elektromekhanika i energoeffektivnyye tekhnologii glazami molodezhi” [Proc. 3th Russian Youth Conference "Power, Electromechanics and Energy Efficient Technologies through the Eyes of Youth"]. Tomsk, 2015, pp. 135-138.
3. Usov E.V., Butov A.A., Dugarov G.A., Kudasov I.G., Lezhnin S.I., Mosunova N.A., Pribaturin N.A. System of Closing Relations of a Two-Fluid Model for the HYDRA-IBRAE/LM/V1 Code for Calculation of Sodium Boiling in Channels of Power Equipment. Thermal Engineering, 2017, vol. 64, no. 7, pp. 48-55.
4. Alipchenkov V.M., Zeigarnik Y.A., Mosunova N.A., Strizhov V.F., Usov E.V., Anfimov A.M., Gorbunov V.S., Osipov S.L., Afremov D.A., Kudryavtsev A.V. Fundamentals, Current State of the Development of, and Prospects for Further Improvement of the New Generation Thermal Hydraulic Computational HYDRA-IBRAE/LM Code for Simulation of Fast Reactor Systems. Thermal Engineering, 2016, vol. 63, no. 2, pp. 130-139.
5. Alekseenko S.V., Nakoryakov V.E., Pokusaev B.G. Volnovoe techenie plenok zhidkosti [Wave flow of liquid films]. Novosibirsk, Science Publ., 1992. 256 p.
6. Loitsyansky L.G. Mekhanika zhidkosti i gaza [Mechanics of fluid and gas]. Moscow, Drofa Publ., 2003. 840 p.
7. Butterworth D., Hewitt G. Teploperedacha v dvukhfaznom potoke [Heat transfer in a two-phase flow]. Moscow, Energia Publ., 1980. 328 p.
8. Ganchev B.G. Okhlazhdenie elementov yadernykh reaktorov stekayushchimi plenkami [Cooling of elements of nuclear reactors by flowing films]. Moscow, Energoatomizdat Publ., 1987. 192 p.
9. Gimbutis G.I. Heat transfer in the flow of a liquid-metal film under gravity on a vertical wall. Journal of Engineering Physics and Thermophysics, 1977, vol. 32, no. 2, pp. 115-119.
10. Kirillov P.L. Spravocnik po teplogidravlicheskim raschetam v yadernoy energetike. Tom 1. Teplogidravlicheskie process v YaEU [Handbook on thermohydraulic calculations in nuclear power. Volume 1. Thermal-hydraulic processes in nuclear power plants]. Moscow, IzdAt Publ., 2010. 776 p.